Appearing in the 1st Story
- Alfred Pennyworth
- Lucius Fox
- Harvey Dent (Dies)
- Jessica Dent
- Gotham City Police Department
- Killer Croc (Waylon Jones) (First appearance)
- Selina Kyle (First appearance; unnamed)
- Damon Druse
- Clarissa Crane (Dies)
- Jack Drake (Only appearance; dies)
- Alvin Pierce (Only appearance; dies)
- Christopher Black
- Oswald Cobblepot (Mentioned only)
Synopsis for the 1st Story
Elsewhere, after losing track of one of the drug dealers he fought during a car chase, Batman had Lucius Fox (who is promoted as the Head of Wayne Enterprises' Research and Development department) to build him a custom-made race car. Prior to Batman’s first appearance, there were numerous sightings of “Killer Croc,” who was lurking in Gotham’s sewers.
Bullock remains traumatized over the travesties that occurred in Arkham Manor; Gordon tries to help Bullock to combat his alcoholism, since Gordon needs Bullock as an ally in order to combat crime in Gotham.
Jessica Dent comes to Wayne Manor to visit Bruce, in the hopes that, as the CEO of Wayne Enterprises, he could help her find five of the remaining members of Oswald Cobblepott's criminal organization within the city’s legislature. Despite Cobblepott’s death, his criminal empire is remains active because of these five members. The corrupt officials have taken over the city’s police department, housing commission, public works, city council and the state court. With her brother, Jessica is desperate to find the officials in order to destroy Cobblepott’s legacy once and for all. Batman seeks Detective Gordon’s help in uncovering the identities of these corrupt officials.
After a bombing, Batman chases the Riddler who is challenging him. Batman falls off a balcony and meets an attractive woman in her apartment after she tends his injuries.
Seeing Gordon’s excellence as a detective, Batman asks Gordon to train him in forensics and deduction. As they track their murderous suspect to the sewers, Batman encounters Waylon Jones, a benign but mutated man whom the media dubbed “Killer Croc,” is seeking refuge underground out of fear of society’s discrimination over his genetic disorder. With Jones' help, Batman discovers the Riddler's hideout; however, Batman fails to stop him from bombing a rapid transit train. Using discovered clues, Batman deduces that these killings were not random; they were actually targeted. Batman leaves Gordon an encrypted cellphone for the detective to contact him.
Jessica reveals to Bruce that she knows he is Batman. With new information from Gordon, Bruce discovers that the Riddler is targeting the people who Jessica and her brother are trying to find. Bruce is later accused of being the Riddler after the real Riddler frames him in an attempt to divert Gordon's investigation, but Jessica is able to provide Bruce an alibi so he is not arrested. During a riot at the police precinct caused by the Riddler, Harvey Dent is disfigured and wounded by Cobblepott's former henchman Sal Maroni. Jessica, in her grief, scars the right side of her face to match her brother’s. After chasing the Riddler (and with Waylon Jones’ help) Batman subdues the killer.
After he is cleared of all charges, Bruce generously writes a check to help the city's police department rebuild their precinct. Bullock begins to recover from his alcoholism. Batman offers Jones a place in Wayne Manor seeking his help in finding a location to hide his “Batmobile.”
After Gordon arrests a police captain who was one of Cobblepot's lieutenants, he is promoted to captain himself.
In the epilogue, the woman who Batman met in her apartment is revealed to be a cat burglar, who is now obsessed with him.
- This book was first published on May 6, 2015.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman: Earth One Vol 1 2 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman: Earth One series
- Images from Batman: Earth One Vol 1 2
- Batman Recommended Reading
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- The Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
This page is missing characters!
This page is missing one or more character, location or item appearances. If you find any characters that appear in this issue, episode, movie, game or book but are not included on the page, please add them to the Appearances list of the template.