"Constants": Senator Jack Myles and his wife have been shot dead in their own kitchen. There only is one witness in their son Barrett. Batman and Robin are on the case and potential suspects are members of the Xhosa gang who were kicked o
- It's because of people like you that I became this. And you'll never give me a reason to become someone else.
- — Batman
Appearing in "Constants"
- Batman Family
- Gotham City Police Department
- Barrett Myles (Single appearance)
- Xhosa Gang
- Eli Kemp (Single appearance)
- Jack Myles (Deceased)
- Eileen Myles (Deceased)
- Benjamin Walsh (Single appearance)
- Huntress' Crossbow (On a TV or computer screen)
Synopsis for "Constants"
Senator Jack Myles and his wife have been shot dead in their own kitchen. There only is one witness in their son Barrett. Batman and Robin are on the case and potential suspects are members of the Xhosa gang who were kicked out of the house after Myles returned to Gotham City after the end of No Man's Land.
Robin fears that Batman might have a blind spot with this case because like himself there is a boy who lost his parents because they were shot. Robin calls Nightwing who vows to come over to Gotham to help. He even wants to take over from Batman, but Bruce will not allow that. Instead he wants Nightwing to go after the Xhosa who also have stolen an attache case and some electronics from the Senator's house.
While Nightwing interrogates the Xhosa, Robin discovers some documents from the attache case. Oracle uses them to find out that Senator Myles was bribed by one of the suspects. Huntress "eliminates" the final suspect, so Batman has no choice but to talk to the Senator's son again to give him a new lead. But it actually was the son who killed his parents just because they bugged him. Batman is very distraught by this and hopes that such behavior does not represent the new Gotham City ...
Appearing in "To Become the Bat"
Synopsis for "To Become the Bat"
As Batman investigates the death of a woman, he remembers how all of his training in fighting and forensics has lead to this moment. He discovers that the woman was a prostitute pregnant with a politician's child and confronts the killer on a bridge demanding justice.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Discuss Batman: Gotham Knights Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman: Gotham Knights series
- Images from Batman: Gotham Knights Vol 1 1
- Batman Recommended Reading
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- The Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)