"Five Little Robins": Nightwing tries to figure out his surroundings while regaining consciousness and from the smell of it, figures out he's held in an underground lair. He also picks up the scent of Red Hood who informs him that everyone who has ever donned the mantle of Robin is tied up along
Synopsis for "Five Little Robins"
Nightwing tries to figure out his surroundings while regaining consciousness and from the smell of it, figures out he's held in an underground lair. He also picks up the scent of Red Hood who informs him that everyone who has ever donned the mantle of Robin is tied up alongside him. Tim agrees with Nightwing's methodology to figure out the situation he's in and asks what they all know so far.
Spoiler states that there was a jail escape from Blackgate Penitentiary and Damian remembers Batman had told them to protect Gotham City, while he went to check the prison himself. Nightwing narrates that after that, Lucas Fox called them for urgent help and he was the first one to rush to his location. When he arrived there, he was beaten up and knocked out by Raptor. Tim then states he was knocked out by Deathstroke, Stephanie states for her it was Baffler, Red Hood states for him it was Underbelly and lastly Damian states he was knocked out by Clayface.
As the Bat-Family discuss what their enemies said to them, they realize that all of them were denigrating Robins as lowly sidekicks. Tim states it may have been due to them mounting a coordinated attack on each of them, but Damian states they might have said it because it was the truth. The others except Nightwing voice their disagreement and Stephanie tells Nightwing to rebutt Damian. Nightwing however agrees as they failed to do what Batman or Luke wanted them to.
Red Hood then starts laughing and asks the others if they're satisfied that the "Damian" in their midst is a fraud, with others agreeing and Nightwing stating that the real Damian will never insult the mantle of Robin itself. As Dick figures out that the fake Damian is Clayface, the villain berates them for not falling his methodically planned trap, as he transforms into his true form.
Nightwing and the others break free of their restraints and proceed to fight Clayface, who creates impersonations of the enemies they supposedly faced and promises to kill them this time. As they defeat his impersonations, Clayface starts drowning them. Nightwing encourages them to work together, stating he defeated them last time one-by-one. They soon get rescued by the real Damian who uses the low-frequency sound of WayneTech Synaptic Scrambler in order to temporarily transform him into a human.
Damian reveals that the scrambler was the reason Clayface went after Luke, and had been developed to neutralize Clayface's abilities in particular. He further informs them that Raptor was the one who learned about it after picking up Luke's transmissions, so he can distract the Bat-Family. Robin gives Tim a pair of scrambler cuffs after lasting him again, to keep him in his current form till he is arrested by the police and suggests they meet up with Batman to catch all those who escaped Blackgate.
Appearing in "Five Little Robins"
- Drake (Flashback and main story)
- Nightwing (Flashback and main story)
- Red Hood (Flashback and main story)
- Spoiler (Flashback and main story)
- Clayface (Flashback and main story)
- Batman (Flashback only)
- Baffler (First appearance) (As an illusion only) (Flashback and main story)
- Deathstroke (As an illusion only) (Flashback and main story)
- Underbelly (As an illusion only) (Flashback and main story)
- Cluemaster (Mentioned only)
- Gotham City Police Department (Mentioned only)
- Wayne Enterprises (Mentioned only)
- Luke Fox (Mentioned only)
- Gotham City (Flashback and main story)
- Bat-Glider (Flashback only)
- Batcomputer (Flashback only)
- Drake's Battle Staff (Flashback and main story)
- Waynetech Synaptic Scrambler
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman: Gotham Nights Vol 1 12 (Digital) on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman: Gotham Nights series
- Images from Batman: Gotham Nights Vol 1 12 (Digital)
Links and References
- No external links.