"Balance": Alfred is invited to Leslie Thompkin's refugee center to tell some stories to the children there. Alfred told them a story about a squire and a gallant knight who would fight for his kingdom until a cataclysm devastate
Appearing in "Balance"
- Alfred Pennyworth (Flashback and main story)
- Gobbo (Single appearance)
- Gotham City
- Bat-Signal (Flashback only)
- Jason Todd's Robin costume
Synopsis for "Balance"
Alfred is invited to Leslie Thompkin's refugee center to tell some stories to the children there. Alfred told them a story about a squire and a gallant knight who would fight for his kingdom until a cataclysm devastated his castle and homeland, forcing him to move out of the kindom and leaving the squire behind. Alfred was speaking of course of Batman, Gotham City, the earthquake that devastated Gotham and his story as well.
One of the kids would interrupt Alfred several times during the story, complaining that it was dull and boring. Alfred then told them about the squire's adventures in the devastated kingdom and how he helped the people as he could, until the knight came back. When Alfred told them about the time when the squire tried to fight evil as the knight would do, he remembered the time when he opposed a couple of crooks and was almost killed if not by the timely arrival of Batman back in Gotham.
Alfred then finished the story and the annoying kid complained again but this time because he wanted to listen more of the story. Alfred thanked Leslie for the invitation and politely he bid farewell. Alfred walked slowly in the dark towards a secret entrance in a wall leading to the Batcave where Batman was waiting for him to let him know that from that point on, Two-Face has their undivided attention.
- The events in this issue take place after Detective Comics #732. No Man's Land continues in Batman: Shadow of the Bat #86.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight Vol 1 118 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight series
- Batman Recommended Reading
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- The Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
|No Man's Land Crossover|
This issue is a part of the Batman: No Man's Land crossover that swept through all Batman Family Titles during 1999. Gotham City was declared by the President to be no longer a part of the United States after the combined disasters of Contagion, Legacy and Cataclysm.