"...Where the Lights are Burning Low": Batman realized that Gotham City's Chinatown had some energy supply running. He realized that from his previous encounter with Mr. Freeze. Batman went to see what was the sourc
- You violent street punks are doing my job for me by decimating your own ranks. I think I'll just leave you to your internecine culling and see to some decent folks who need some help...
- -- Batman
Appearing in "...Where the Lights are Burning Low"
Synopsis for "...Where the Lights are Burning Low"
Batman realized that Gotham City's Chinatown had some energy supply running. He realized that from his previous encounter with Mr. Freeze. Batman went to see what was the source of the energy in Chinatown but when he arrived there he found lots of dead bodies lying around. Batman searched for any clue that would help him understand the situation but he found nothing
Batman listened some noised and went to see what was all about. He found a woman struggling with a rabid dog and then the woman killed the dog with ease. She was Lynx and was the only survivor of a street gang war. Batman was leaving her alone when Lynx attacked him and they started to fight each other. After a while, Batman learned of an underground operation that was affecting Lynx's gang as well. They decided to join forces and work together to find out was was going on.
After some research, they discovered that some gang of organized crime was behind the dissapearing of a lot of people. Batman and Lynx went to a power plant to check the energy source and they discovered that a gang of organized crime was generating energy by forcing illegal immigrants to pedal some static bicycles that transformed mechanical energy to kilowatts. They realized that the immigrants were being enslaved by the gang to keep the power running. Lynx reflected upon slavery as she suffered from it when she worked for King Snake.
Batman and Lynx tried to free the immigrants but before they could realize, they were surrounded by members of the gang and all of them were ready to fight Batman and Lynx.
- This book was first published on August 4, 1999.
- This is the first part of the storyline titled Low Road to Golden Mountain. The events of this issue take place after Detective Comics #736. No Man's Land and Low Road to Golden Mountain continues in Batman: Shadow of the Bat #90.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight Vol 1 122 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight series
- Images from Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight Vol 1 122
- Batman Recommended Reading
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- The Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
|No Man's Land Crossover|
This issue is a part of the Batman: No Man's Land crossover that swept through all Batman Family Titles during 1999. Gotham City was declared by the President to be no longer a part of the United States after the combined disasters of Contagion, Legacy and Cataclysm.