"Knightquest: The Search - Quarry: Part Two": Benedict Asp was relishing the killing of his step mother with help of Shondra's powers and his psionic helmet. Shondra was exhausted and Asp was preparing himself and Shondra for the
- Bruce... I have never questioned you before. Nor have I for one moment been disloyal. You have given me an extraordinary life-- a life I have cherished and hope to continue cherishing. But I will not be a part of your self-destruction. Anything but that. If you do not obey the doctor's orders, I shall resign my post.
Appearing in "Knightquest: The Search - Quarry: Part Two"
Synopsis for "Knightquest: The Search - Quarry: Part Two"
Benedict Asp was relishing the killing of his step mother with help of Shondra's powers and his psionic helmet. Shondra was exhausted and Asp was preparing himself and Shondra for their next killing; Sir Hemingford Gray. Bruce Wayne and Alfred Pennyworth witnessed Mrs. Asplin's death. They were leaving England and were heading to Gotham City. As Bruce was in the car, checking some data over Asp on the computer, Asp was ready and set his plan in action. He intended to kill Sir Hemingford Gray with Shondra's powers and his own amplified with the psionic helmet. Bruce felt something strange and told Alfred that if Gray would've been real, he would probably just died. Uncertain if the plan worked, Asp decided to threaten a world leader to obtain fifty billion dollars.
Back in Gotham, Bruce couldn't stand the pain any more and Alfred took him to Gotham General Hospital. The doctors told Bruce to lay down and rest while they worked a plan for his recovery. Bruce watched the news on TV and learned of the threat to the president of the United States of America in exchange for fifty billion dollars. The threat also mentioned the events in Monkleigh Village and the death of Sir Hemingford Gray as proof of the threat. The president would be killed on Thursday, four days for Bruce to do something about it. Just as he was rising from his bed Alfred told him that if he continued to act reckless he would resign his post. Bruce wouldn't listen and Alfred dismissed. Alfred went to Wayne Manor seeking the help of Jean-Paul Valley, Batman. Alfred told him of Bruce's plans and asked him to help Bruce while he stayed and cleaned up Wayne Manor for the last time.
Bruce disguised himself one more time as Sir Hemingford Gray and caused a great disturbance that appeared of the local newspapers. Intrigued by how the old man could have survived, Asp planned the capture of Gray in his yatch at the Gotham Docks. Bruce left Robin a recording letting him know of his current plan and indications of what to do if the plan went wrong. At that time, Jean-Paul Valley saved a man in a wheelchair at the docks, thinking it was Bruce Wayne. The man was just a decoy to distract him from the real capture. By the time he realized of this, Bruce posing as Gray was already captured and was being led to Asp's hideout.
- Alfred quits working as Bruce Wayne's butler with this issue. He moves to Europe and doesn't return until the Nightwing: Alfred's Return special.
- Jean-Paul Valley appeared last in Chain Gang War #12.
- This issue is part of the "Knightquest: The Search" crossover.
- Despite being part of Knightquest, it wasn't included in the Batman: Knightfall Volume Two - Knightquest collection.
- Knightquest: The Search continues and concludes in Legends of the Dark Knight #61
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight Vol 1 60 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight series
- Batman Recommended Reading
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- The Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
|Knightfall Saga Crossover|
This comic issue is a part of the massive Knightfall crossover event. Knightfall consisted of three parts, Knightfall, Knightquest, and KnightsEnd. The trilogy involved Batman's back being broken by Bane, the debut and subsequent descent into madness of Bruce Wayne's successor Batman Jean-Paul Valley, and Bruce Wayne's recovery and reclamation of his former title, combatting Valley himself. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Knightfall Crossover" category.