"Knightquest: The Search - Quarry: Part Three": Jean-Paul Valley as Batman brutally beats a thug who played a decoy for him and Batman is left without a clue of Bruce Wayne's whereabouts. Bruce is taken captive by [[Benjamin Asplin (Ne
Appearing in "Knightquest: The Search - Quarry: Part Three"
- Bendict Asp (Final appearance; dies)
- Fritz (Dies)
Synopsis for "Knightquest: The Search - Quarry: Part Three"
Jean-Paul Valley as Batman brutally beats a thug who played a decoy for him and Batman is left without a clue of Bruce Wayne's whereabouts. Bruce is taken captive by Benedict Asp. Bruce is disguised as Sir Hemingford Gray and Asp tries to discover why his psionic weapon didn't work on him. Asp tries one more time and forces Shondra to feel hate towards the man she is looking and listening to. Though she doesn't recognize Bruce, something in her sub-conscience snaps and she does not only recognize the man as Bruce but also his secret identity as Batman. The procedure doesn't kill Bruce but knocks him out for some time. Asp locks up Bruce and waits for the right moment to kill him.
Back in Gotham City, Commissioner Gordon and Robin track a homing signal equiped in Bruce's wheelchair and find out that Bruce was taken to Santa Prisca. There is a tropical storm at the time on the island and they can not establish a connection.
When Bruce wakes up, he manages to escape from the room he is locked in. He then takes down one of Asp's thugs with gas from the wheelchair. Bruce finds where Shondra is being held captive and talks to her. Shondra has developed some kind of personality disorder, speaking as if she were a little kid and then would speak normally. The conversation is being heard by Asp with a hidden microphone in the room. Shondra then tells Bruce that he can change into Batman and take them both out of that place. When Asp hears that, he realizes that Bruce Wayne and Batman are the same person. He decides to act immediatly and kill Bruce.
Asp enters the room with his thug but Bruce is prepared to fight them. He starts to fight against Fritz, Asp's thug and Shondra helps him by containing her step-brother until Bruce finishes his fight with Fritz. Bruce knocks out the guy for a third time but this feat costs him almost every bit of energy he has left. Tired and in pain Bruce reveals his feelings to Shondra and asks her to marry him. Asp takes a gun and is about to kill Bruce with it but Bruce uses a syringe to injure Asp. A confused Shondra tries to heal her brother but instead her touch kills him. Bruce thinks he killed the man and is in shock until Shondra tells him it was her who killed Asp. She didn't mean to do it but it happened. Shondra notices Bruce's pain and decides to use her healing powers to heal him. They spend the whole night in the shack until the storm clears up. Bruce is completely healed, his back restored and he can walk again.
Bruce takes Shondra back to Gotham and buys her an estate where she will have all the medical attention she will require as she is mentally scarred beyond recovery. She will stay in a child-like conscience for the rest of her life.
- This issue is part of the "Knightquest: The Search" crossover.
- Despite being part of Knightquest, it wasn't included in the Batman: Knightfall Volume Two - Knightquest collection.
- This is the final issue of the Knightquest: The Search crossover. The story continues in Robin (Volume 2) #7 labelled as Knightquest: The Conclusion.
- This issue is reprinted in the Batman: Knightfall Omnibus Vol. 2 - Knightquest.
- No trivia.
- Discuss Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight Vol 1 61 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight series
- Images from Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight Vol 1 61
- Batman Recommended Reading
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- The Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
|Knightfall Saga Crossover|
This comic issue is a part of the massive Knightfall crossover event. Knightfall consisted of three parts, Knightfall, Knightquest, and KnightsEnd. The trilogy involved Batman's back being broken by Bane, the debut and subsequent descent into madness of Bruce Wayne's successor Batman Jean-Paul Valley, and Bruce Wayne's recovery and reclamation of his former title, combatting Valley himself. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Knightfall Crossover" category.