"Knightquest: The Search - Quarry: Part Three": Jean-Paul Valley as Batman brutally beat a thug who played as a decoy for him and Batman was left without a clue of Bruce Wayne's whereabouts. Bruce was taken captive by [[Benjamin Asplin (N
Appearing in "Knightquest: The Search - Quarry: Part Three"
- Bendict Asp (Final appearance; dies)
- Fritz (Dies)
Synopsis for "Knightquest: The Search - Quarry: Part Three"
Jean-Paul Valley as Batman brutally beat a thug who played as a decoy for him and Batman was left without a clue of Bruce Wayne's whereabouts. Bruce was taken captive by Benedict Asp. Bruce was disguised as Sir Hemingford Gray and Asp tried to discover why his psionic weapon didn't worked on him. Asp tried one more time and forced Shondra to feel hate towards the man she has looking and listening to. Though she didn't recognize Bruce, something on her sub conscience snapped and she did not only recognize the man as Bruce but also his secret identity as Batman. The procedure didn't kill Bruce but knocked him out for some time. Asp locked Bruce and waited the right moment to kill him.
Back in Gotham City, Commissioner Gordon and Robin tracked a homing signal equiped in Bruce's wheelchair and found out that Bruce was taken to Santa Prisca. There was a tropical storm at the time on the island and they could not establish connection.
When Bruce woke up, he managed to escape from the room he was locked inside. He then took down one of Asp's thugs with gas from the wheelchair. Bruce find where Shondra was beign held captive and talked to her. Shondra had developed some kind of personality dissorder as she speaked as if she were a little kid and then would speak normally. The conversation was beign heard by Asp with a hidden microphone in the room. Shondra then told Bruce that he could change into Batman and take them both out of that place. When Asp listened that, he realized that Bruce Wayne and Batman were the same person. He decided to act immediatly and kill Bruce.
Asp entered the room with his thug but Bruce was prepared to fight them. He started to fight against Fritz, Asp's thug and Shondra helped him by containing her step-brother until Bruce finished his fight with Fritz. Bruce knocked out the guy for third time but this feat cost him almost every bit of energy he had left. Tired and in pain Bruce revealed her fellings to Shondra and asked her to marry him. Asp took a gun and was about to kill Bruce with it but Bruce used a syringe to injure Asp. A confused Shondra tried to heal his brother but instead her touch killed him. Bruce thought he killed the man and was in shock until Shondra told him it was her who killed Asp. She didn't mean to do it but it happened. Shondra noticed Bruce's pain and decided to use her healing powers to heal him. They spent the whole night in the shack until the storm clears up. Bruce was completely healed, his back restored and he could walk again.
Bruce took Shondra back to Gotham and bought her an estate where she would have all the medical attention she would require as she was mentally scarred beyond recovery. She would stay in a child-like conscience for the rest of her life.
- This issue is part of the "Knightquest: The Search" crossover.
- Despite being part of Knightquest, it wasn't included in the Batman: Knightfall Volume Two - Knightquest collection.
- This is the final issue of the Knightquest: The Search crossover. The story continues in Robin (Volume 4) #7 labelled as Knightquest: The Conclusion.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight Vol 1 61 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight series
- Batman Recommended Reading
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
|Knightfall Saga Crossover|
This comic issue is a part of the massive Knightfall crossover event. Knightfall consisted of three parts, Knightfall, Knightquest, and KnightsEnd. The trilogy involved Batman's back being broken by Bane, the debut and subsequent descent into madness of Bruce Wayne's successor Batman Jean-Paul Valley, and Bruce Wayne's recovery and reclamation of his former title, combatting Valley himself. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Knightfall Crossover" category.