This paperback collects the Batman: No Man's Land comic books which were published in March and April, 1999. This part of the No Man's Land storyline was written by Bob Gale and Devin Grayson and illustrated by Alex Maleev and Dale Eaglesham.
This story takes place after a cataclysmic earthquake in Gotham City. The U.S. government has deemed Gotham as uninhabitable and ordered all citizens to leave. It is now months later and those that have refused to vacate "No Man's Land" live amidst a citywide turf war in which the strongest prey on the weak. As gangs terrorize the ravaged populace, the Scarecrow uses a church relief project as a real life lab to test his experiments in fear. But with the return of the vigilante, Batman, and the appearance of an enigmatic new Batgirl, justice returns to Gotham.
This paperback collects the following comic books:
- Batman: No Man's Land #1 (No Law and a New Order, Part One: Values)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat #83 (No Law and a New Order, Part Two: Strategy)
- Batman #563 (No Law and a New Order, Part Three: Tactics)
- Detective Comics #730 (No Law and a New Order, Part Four: Language)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #116 (Fear of Faith, Part One: Fanning the Flames)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat #84 (Fear of Faith, Part Two: To Serve and Protect)
- Batman #564 (Fear of Faith, Part Three: Life in Hell)
- Detective Comics #731 (Fear of Faith, Part Four: Be Not Afraid)
- This paperback series only includes Batman comic book titles. It doesn't collect the Azrael: Agent of the Bat, the Catwoman, the Nightwing and the Robin comic books that were part of the Batman: No Man's Land storyline. This means Azrael: Agent of the Bat #50 and Azrael: Agent of the Bat #51 (published in March and April, 1999) are missing from this paperback.