"The Last Arkham (Part III of IV)": Refusing to believe that Batman could murder a police officer, Nightwing breaks into Arkham Asylum. While sneaking around through the ventilation shafts, Nightwing comes upon Batman.
- Batman is a symbol to them -- the man who is always right, the man who always wins. None of his foes has ever beaten him -- not even me, I have to confess. But you could do it, Arkham.
- -- Mister Zsasz
Appearing in "The Last Arkham (Part III of IV)"
- Amygdala (First appearance)
- Black Mask
- Cornelius Stirk
- Crazy Quilt
- Mad Hatter
- Mister Zsasz
- Poison Ivy
- Tweedledum and Tweedledee
- Emily Hiram (Single appearance)
- Everard Mallitt (Final appearance; dies)
- Mrs. Glemp (Behind the scenes)
- Patrick Glemp (Single appearance)
- Zolly Hiram (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "The Last Arkham (Part III of IV)"
In Gotham, an escaped Mister Zsasz murders a man named Patrick Glemp, then places a phone call to learn the whereabouts of one Zolly Hiram. His wife tells Zsasz to try the Plug Lucky Casino.
Back at Arkham, Batman and Nightwing bypass the security cameras and sneak into Jeremiah Arkham's office. Batman explains to Nightwing that Detective Kitch is fine and that the entire plot was staged to get into Arkham without raising Jeremiah's suspicions. Confident that Zsasz has found a way to escape the asylum, they begin searching through Jeremiah's files to find some sort of clue. Batman learns of a connection between Zsasz and fellow patient Everard Mallitt. They accidentally set off an alarm and Arkham sends his orderlies to his office.
In Gotham, Zolly Hiram runs out of luck at the Plug Lucky Casino and the managers won't extend his credit line. He leaves the casino and runs into Mister Zsasz. Commissioner Gordon discovers Hiram's body hours later.
At Arkham, Batman and Nightwing fight off a horde of orderlies. Nightwing escapes back through the vents, but Batman gives himself up. Arkham has Batman taken to the "punishment room". Here, he is forced to confront a roomful of his most dangerous adversaries, including a new foe known as Amygdala. While his old villains watch from behind a glass wall, Batman fights up against Amygdala. He eventually defeats him, but Jeremiah Arkham, monitoring the entire affair from his office, pushes a button that raises the glass wall. The other patients descend upon Batman.
- This issue is reprinted in Batman: Shadow of the Bat Volume 1.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman: Shadow of the Bat Vol 1 3 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman: Shadow of the Bat series
- Images from Batman: Shadow of the Bat Vol 1 3
- Batman Recommended Reading
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- The Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat at Wikipedia
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat at Comicbookdb.com
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat at the Grand Comics Database Project
|The Last Arkham|
|Part One: Shadow of the Bat #1||Part Two: Shadow of the Bat #2||Part Three: Shadow of the Bat #3||Shadow of the Bat #4|