- Say it, Wayne! One true Batman! One true Batman! ONE TRUE BATMAN!
Appearing in "Wild Knights, Wild City"
- James Gordon
- Dave (Single appearance)
- Batmobile (Destroyed)
Synopsis for "Wild Knights, Wild City"
Bruce Wayne and Jean-Paul Valley hang dangerously on Selkirk's out of control helicopter with Catwoman on board heading straight for the Gotham River Bridge. Nightwing and Robin take out the rest of Selkirk's goons on the street.
Catwoman bails out as the helicopter crashes on top of the bridge. A metallic wrench hits her in the head and knocks her unconscious, plunging to her death. Bruce leaves Jean-Paul's line and saves Catwoman from the fall. Nightwing and Robin clear the civilians from the street as chunks of the helicopter start to fall.
Jean-Paul catches up to Bruce and the two continue to fight on one of the bridge cables. Selkirk and his men are in the helicopter trapped as it emits electric sparks and fuel. Jean-Paul is about to burn Bruce, who sees the fuel coming down from the helicopter. Bruce pulls Jean-Paul in the path of the fuel, and Jean-Paul is dowsed in flames as he falls into the river. Bruce goes back up to the top of the bridge to rescue Selkirk and his men, which makes Catwoman realize that the real Batman has returned, while Nightwing and Robin try to find Jean-Paul's body, but he had already escaped.
Bruce and a reluctant Catwoman save Selkirk and his men. Catwoman insists Selkirk give up the neural enabler, but he throws it into the river. Just as all the men are saved the helicopter explodes.
Bruce immediately goes to the Batmobile to try to track down Jean-Paul, but unbeknownest to him Jean-Paul has rigged the car. As Bruce starts the engine, the Batmobile explodes. Nightwing and Robin turn around to see Jean-Paul, his metallic Bat-costume turned burnt red from the fire, taunting the duo that there is now only one true Batman!
- This issue is chapter eight of the "KnightsEnd" saga. The previous chapter is Batman #510 and the story continues in Detective Comics #677.
- This issue is reprinted in the Batman: Knightfall Part Three - KnightsEnd and Batman: Knightfall Volume Three - KnightsEnd trade paperbacks.
- No trivia.
- Discuss Batman: Shadow of the Bat Vol 1 30 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman: Shadow of the Bat series
- Images from Batman: Shadow of the Bat Vol 1 30
- Batman Recommended Reading
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- The Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
[[Category:Batman: KnightsEnd|Batman: Shadow of the Bat Vol 1 0030]]
|Knightfall Saga Crossover|
This comic issue is a part of the massive Knightfall crossover event. Knightfall consisted of three parts, Knightfall, Knightquest, and KnightsEnd. The trilogy involved Batman's back being broken by Bane, the debut and subsequent descent into madness of Bruce Wayne's successor Batman Jean-Paul Valley, and Bruce Wayne's recovery and reclamation of his former title, combatting Valley himself. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Knightfall Crossover" category.