"Prodigal: Six": Two-Face isn't satisfied with the chaos he's created in Gotham City; according to him there is just one side to the plot and he needed two sides for it to make sense to him. He decides to go and see the man who he was mistaken
Appearing in "Prodigal: Six"
- Josey (Single appearance)
- Nate (Single appearance)
- Tatum (Single appearance)
- Harvey Kent (First appearance)
- Mister Ignatov (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Prodigal: Six"
Two-Face isn't satisfied with the chaos he's created in Gotham City; according to him there is just one side to the plot and he needed two sides for it to make sense to him. He decides to go and see the man who he was mistaken with and because of whom he is free; he sets out to meet Harvey Kent.
In Blackgate Penitentiary another boat full of convicts arrives but the prison is already full and Ward Zerhard has no option than to let the men inside. The inmates inside Blackgate see this as an opportunity to create a riot in the prison.
At that moment in Gotham City, Two-Face manages to track down Harvey Kent and kidnaps him; meanwhile in Wayne Enterprises a man representing a russian insurance called Troika creates a disturbance in Lucius Fox's office. He is taken out of the building by the security guards but he doesn't leave without shooting the guards and killing them.
At that time, the riot in Blackgate begins and Warden Zerhard is able to notify the police radio before he is taken down. Jim Gordon is arguing with his wife when he is called to Blackgate. Batman and Robin hear the call from the batcave and decide to make their move. They plan to glide to reach Blackgate by air as they know that going by water would cause trouble. Robin backs off and decides to let Batman handle the situation. Batman glides to the prison, takes down most of the armed inmates and prevents the Arkham inmates from escaping. He then projects a batsignal using a searchlight and a batarang. That scares most of the inmates and finally he takes down their leader, Tatum. Once the situation is under control the GCPD arrive and Batman leaves thinking of a way to stop Two-Face once and for all. At the same moment, Two-Face is planning his vengeance over the Batman.
- This issue is reprinted in the Batman: Prodigal and Batman: Knightfall Volume Three - KnightsEnd trade paperbacks.
- The events on this issue take place between Batman #513 and Detective Comics #680.
- The character of Harvey Kent is based upon the original Earth-Two version of Two-Face.
- Harvey Kent lives in Finger Street. A tribute reference to Harvey's co-creator Bill Finger.
- Discuss Batman: Shadow of the Bat Vol 1 33 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman: Shadow of the Bat series