- I know crime better than almost any man in this city. Criminalize people, and they'll act like criminals. Tell them they're killers, they'll become killers. When people are sick, they need treatment, and help, and understanding.
Appearing in "Legacy, Prelude: Hobson's Choice"
- Alfred Pennyworth
- Commissioner Gordon
- Lucius Fox
- Mayor Grange
- Ariana Dzerchenko (In a vision)
- Councilman Sperling (Single appearance)
- D.A. Seth Voder (voice only)
- Eritrius (Flashback only)
- Joe Public (Mentioned only)
- Lecky (small-time crook)
- Order of St. Dumas (Flashback only)
- Pagan (Mentioned only)
- Toro (small-time crook)
- Gotham City
- Sudan (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "Legacy, Prelude: Hobson's Choice"
Huntress is working on some criminal activity while Batman tells Robin about the dead of Armand Krol as a result of the Ebola Gulf-A virus. Batman contacted Azrael to know more about the plague and it's origins. Azrael told him to go the Sudan desert to find some ruins that may hold the answer he is looking for. Oracle contacted the people in the batcave and told them that the virus wasn't completely eliminated but instead it stayed in a dormant state in the body and that it could remain in that state for days to years. Batman decides to go with Nightwing to Sudan and find a real cure for the virus. Robin decides that he wants to go too.
At the Gotham City Hall the news about Krol's dead spreaded like the virus itself. There was a meeting in which a man suggested to quarantine all the people that have been infected by the virus. Mayor Grange and Commissioner Gordon refused to do such thing and then the members at the meeting voted to not proceed in that way. Bruce Wayne payed a visit to Lucius Fox to give him full authority over the WayneTech decisions because of Bruce's future absence.
Batman tells Commissioner Gordon about his plans of traveling to Africa to find a real cure. Gordon didn't like to have to deal with Gotham City alone in that precise moment. Batman assured Gordon that he will leave a capable vigilante to help Gordon.
Huntress finds the place she has been looking for and took down several crooks. One of them was about to shoot her when Robin appeared and saved her. Robin then told her about the "traveling plans" and asked her to be the official Gotham vigilante in their abscence. She agreed on the condition that when they come back, Batman would thank her personally.
- This issue is reprinted in the Batman: Legacy collected edition.
- This issue is to be considered a Prelude to the Batman: Legacy storyline.
- The story continues in Batman #533.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman: Shadow of the Bat Vol 1 53 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman: Shadow of the Bat series
- Batman Recommended Reading
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- The Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
|Batman: Legacy Crossover
The events from this issue are related to the Legacy crossover that went through the Batman Family Titles in 1996. The events of Legacy lead into Batman: Cataclysm, and ultimately No Man's Land.