"Legacy, Part Four: The Power of the Picts": Bruce Wayne attends an art exhibition in Edinburgh. He is interested in some artifacts that were recently shipped from Sudan. Bruce knows that if there is a way for Ra's al Ghul to smuggle the vir
- I'm American.
- — Batman
Appearing in "Legacy, Part Four: The Power of the Picts"
- Euan Tasker (Single appearance)
- Lachlan Tasker (Flashback only)
- Lorne Tasker (Single appearance)
- Picts (Mentioned only)
- Ranald Tasker (Single appearance)
- Oracle (Mentioned only)
Synopsis for "Legacy, Part Four: The Power of the Picts"
Bruce Wayne attends an art exhibition in Edinburgh. He is interested in some artifacts that were recently shipped from Sudan. Bruce knows that if there is a way for Ra's al Ghul to smuggle the virus into the city it is as part of the exhibition.
Bruce returns later at night as Batman to look over the art pieces. He sees three men in disguise entering the museum into the vault that the art pieces are in. He attacks them but then he realizes that they are not part of Ra's men. The three men are taking back a piece that belonged to them by right. They planned to take it and pay back what they were paid for the piece. Suddenly the League of Assassins arrive and attacks all of them. Batman and the three guys fight back but two of the Assassins escape with the flasks containing the virus. Batman tells the three brothers to follow one of them while he follows the other. The brothers track the man until the Assassin escapes using a motorcylce. Batman manages to catch the second Assassin and takes the flask from him. When he asks the assassin where his partner will be, the assassin breaks a gas capsule in his mouth and dies instantly.
With the help of the three brothers, Batman manages to find the place where the assassin is headed. He manages to tackle the motorcycle and before he can reach the assassin, the man kills himself in the same manner as his partner. The flask is falling to the ground and Batman launches himself forward to catch it. He grabs it but falls into a lake that prevents the flask being crushed and saved Batman from a certain death.
The three brothers ask Batman's help to retrieve their valued piece of art in exchange for the help they provided. Batman agrees and then he heads to his hotel room where he contacts Robin. Robin tells Batman about a fourth city that might be Ra's next target. Batman decides to act immediately and he is ready and set to go to Calcutta.
- This is the fourth part of the Batman: Legacy storyline.
- The events in this issue take place between Robin #32 and Batman #534.
- This issue is reprinted in the Batman: Legacy and the Batman: Legacy Vol. 2 (Collected).
- The chosen place to unleash the virus in Edinburgh was the Salisbury Crags.
- There is a reference to Malthusianism and a mention that Ra's al Ghul shares that ideology.
- There is a mention to Hitler.
- Discuss Batman: Shadow of the Bat Vol 1 54 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman: Shadow of the Bat series
- Batman Recommended Reading
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- The Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
|Batman: Legacy Crossover
The events from this issue are related to the Legacy crossover that went through the Batman Family Titles in 1996. The events of Legacy lead into Batman: Cataclysm, and ultimately No Man's Land.