"Claim Jumping, Part Two": All around Gotham City, chaos is breaking out. Two-Face and his followers are marching uptown. James Gordon and his men are making a grab for Penguin's territory and Penguin is attacking [[Bruce Wayne (New Ea
Synopsis for "Claim Jumping, Part Two"
All around Gotham City, chaos is breaking out. Two-Face and his followers are marching uptown. James Gordon and his men are making a grab for Penguin's territory and Penguin is attacking Batman's territory. Batgirl is holding Batman's territory for the time being, but Batman is nowhere to be found.
Batman is being kept tied-up and drugged elsewhere by a Russian woman that goes by the name of Echo. Penguins appears at Batman's territory demanding Batgirl to surrender, but she refuses and shoots an arrow at Penguin's knee. Two-Face arrives and tells Penguin to leave as he has double-crossed Cobblepot. While Penguin was attacking Batman's place, Gordon has already seized Penguin's territory and Two-Face has done the same. Penguin leaves and Batgirl does the same, deciding Two-Face's men are too great in number for her to fight alone.
Batman recovers from the drug Echo placed on him and discovers that she can read people's mind and forced him to relive the fatal scene when Thomas and Martha Wayne were murdered by Joe Chill in Park Row in front of kid Bruce Wayne. Echo feels sorry for Batman and then, when she decides she has held him long enough, she leaves Batman alone. Batman manages to untie himself and immediately he goes to check over his territory. Upon arriving, Batman realizes that his place is lost to Two-Face and his gang. They use extreme violence to make the message clear: Batman lost to Two-Face.
Appearing in "Claim Jumping, Part Two"
- Batman (Flashback and main story)
- This is the second and last part of the Claim Jumping storyline. The previous chapter was in Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #119. No Man's Land continues in Batman #566.
- This issue is reprinted in Batman: No Man's Land Vol 2 and Batman: No Man's Land (2011/2012 Edition) Vol 2.
- Batman Recommended Reading
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- The Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
|No Man's Land Crossover|
This issue is a part of the Batman: No Man's Land crossover that swept through all Batman Family Titles during 1999. Gotham City was declared by the President to be no longer a part of the United States after the combined disasters of Contagion, Legacy and Cataclysm.