"Red Son Rising, Part 5": Leslie stumbles upon the Red Hood, who is trying to steal her medicines, while checking her clinic. As he thanks her for turning on the lights, she recognizes his voice as that of Jason and tells him to take off his mask. Jason however stops her as she attempts to take
Batman: The Adventures Continue #13 is a chapter in the digital-first series Batman: The Adventures Continue (Volume 1 (Digital)) with a cover date of October, 2020.
Synopsis for "Red Son Rising, Part 5"
Leslie stumbles upon the Red Hood, who is trying to steal her medicines, while checking her clinic. As he thanks her for turning on the lights, she recognizes his voice as that of Jason and tells him to take off his mask. Jason however stops her as she attempts to take it off herself, and pushes her away. Leslie expresses shock at the fact that he's become a thief, but Jason assures that he will use it for good and he knows that she hasn't been on good terms with Bruce since his assumed death. telling her to stick with what she knows best, he also informs that Alfred was hurt the last time he visited the manor, and she might want to check up on him.
After Leslie calls him, Bruce tells her that Alfred's okay. She still blames her for what happened to Jason, but tells him to do whatever he needs to in order to stop and save Jason, as he's become something very twisted. Batgirl and Alfred wonder why Jason took Tim, with Batman telling them in response that he's using his current partner. Batman decides to search all the areas where Jason was previously spotted on his own, but Batgirl decides to follow him despite Alfred's warning, as she knows it would be dangerous.
Meanwhile somewhere in the sewers, Jason wakes Tim up and tells him he had dressed him up in his Robin costume, but took his utility belt so he can't escape the glass box he has him trapped in. As Tim tries breaking the box, he tells him to cease his futile attacks as it's unbreakable, and leaves after he asks him the reason as to why he kidnapped him. Later at the Iceberg Lounge, the Joker requests the Penguin for some money, but the latter questions why he has hired Straightman in place of Harley. As he jokes how Harley left him for Poison Ivy and told him that they should see other people, Penguin states he knows someone is after him and he wants to see how it ends.
The Joker asks Straightman to attack the Penguin, but he quickly calls in his henchman Mr. Wing to deal with him. As Straightman and Mr. Wing fight, the former overpowers the latter. Joker reveals how he had busted in on a military experiment which the government was using to turn Straightman, who was then a soldier, into a super-human. Using his knowledge about the brain, Joker performed a surgery which allowed him to recruit the soldier. After Straightman defeats Mr. Wing, Jason soon mounts his attack using a dart gun. He knocks the joker out, before firing a hail of darts at Straightman and kicking him towards the fake glacier's top. He then tosses a grenade at the ice chandelier, causing it to shatter and fall with its jagged edges upon Straightman.
Before leaving the Iceberg Lounge with the unconscious Joker, Jason tells the Penguin to inform Batman that Red Hood had been there. When Batman and Batgirl later arrive to investigate, the Penguin berates him for never being there when he's actually needed. Barbara soon notices wet footprints and the Penguin states that Red Hood did smell strange. Upon investigating, Batman realizes he's been hiding in the sewers and he must be using Killer Croc's old lair. He soon turns around to find Batgirl unconscious and as he investigate, he discovers a dart. Jason soon surfaces behind from a sewer grate and assures she'll be all right, before knocking him out too.
Appearing in "Red Son Rising, Part 5"
- Gotham City Police Department
- Emile Dorian (Mentioned only)
- Harley Quinn (Mentioned only)
- Killer Croc (Mentioned only)
- Poison Ivy (Mentioned only)
- Gotham City
- West Point (Mentioned only)
- White House (Mentioned only)
- This Chapter is published in print in Batman: The Adventures Continue #7.
- No special notes.
- The Joker states that the American government was going to make Straightman a "Captain White House", which is a reference to Captain America.
- Red Hood's sewer grate gag before knocking out Batgirl and Batman was a homage to the novel It.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman: The Adventures Continue Vol 1 13 (Digital) on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman: The Adventures Continue series
- Images from Batman: The Adventures Continue Vol 1 13 (Digital)
- Batman Recommended Reading
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- The Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
- DC Animated Universe Recommended Reading
- Adventures in the DC Universe (Volume 1)
- The Batgirl Adventures #1
- Batman Adventures (Volume 1)
- Batman Adventures (Volume 2)
- The Batman Adventures: The Lost Years (Volume 1)
- The Batman Adventures: Mad Love
- The Batman and Robin Adventures (Volume 1)
- Batman and Superman Adventures: World's Finest
- Batman Beyond (Volume 1)
- Batman Beyond (Volume 2)
- Batman Beyond (Volume 4)
- Batman Beyond Unlimited (Volume 1)
- Batman Beyond Universe (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Adventures (Volume 1)
- Batman: Harley and Ivy (Volume 1)
- Batman: Mask of the Phantasm - The Animated Movie #1
- Gotham Girls (Volume 1)
- Justice League Adventures (Volume 1)
- Justice League Unlimited (Volume 1)
- Superman Adventures (Volume 1)
- Superman & Batman Magazine (Volume 1)
Links and References
- No external links.