"Red Son Rising, Part 6": Joker wakes Batman up, telling him it's probably his fault and he should get him freed. Tim tells the clown that no one would be able to leave and assures Batman he's doing fine for now, despite being trapped in a glass tank slowly filling up with water. Jason soon arri
Batman: The Adventures Continue #14 is a chapter in the digital-first series Batman: The Adventures Continue (Volume 1 (Digital)) with a cover date of October, 2020.
Synopsis for "Red Son Rising, Part 6"
Joker wakes Batman up, telling him it's probably his fault and he should get him freed. Tim tells the clown that no one would be able to leave and assures Batman he's doing fine for now, despite being trapped in a glass tank slowly filling up with water. Jason soon arrives and tells Batman it's up to him whether Tim survives. As he states they should start before he is submerged in water, Batman secretly tells Tim about stopping the water flow from the pipe and using the resultant pressure. Jason however takes his words about Tim being around the block and knowing how to handle the pressure literally, telling him he had been a Robin himself and was far better than Dick Grayson.
Joker while freeing himself of his handcuffs using a lockpick, realizes the Red Hood is the Robin that got left behind in the explosion of his headquarters years ago, while Batman was busy saving him instead. Jason confirms, but adds that he was able to luckily escape using a parade balloon. Joker decides to leave, expressing no interest in his dispute with Batman, but soon gets shot in the shoulder. Jason then tells Batman that he's going to correct his mistake, by beating the Joker to death with a crowbar, or Tim will drown. Batman however expresses confidence that Tim will survive. Jason then decides to give a gun to Joker, so Batman would have to kill him in self-defense, but the clown tosses it away, stating it's not fun.
As Red Hood shoots at the ground to warn Joker to pick up the gun, the clown mocks him stating Batman would just find another Robin if the current one died. Joker's ramblings allow the pressure in the pipe, which has been clogged with Tim's cowl, to build up. He also warns that if Hood kills him, Batman would hand him over to the cops, resulting in the whole Bat-family being eventually exposed, which he thinks will be fun as he's tried to destroy them for years but failed. As Hood warns him he would shoot him if he doesn't pick up the gun, Joker activates a transmitter, which allows the still-alive Straightman to discover their location. Straightman busts in through the floor and pins Jason down upon Joker's order.
Turning around to kill Tim, he realizes he's broken out of the tank, and is soon knocked out with the crowbar. Tim then hands it to Batman, so he can fight Straightman, but his opponent however proves too powerful. hit the wall instead, As Straightman tries punching him, Batman dodges and decides to use his strength against him, causing him to hit the wall every time he strikes. This causes the old sewer pipes to break and release a great amount of water. The Joker and Straightman soon get washed away, but Tim successfully rescues Jason by jutting the crowbar in the wall, causing him to dangle by his jacket. as Batman tries rescuing him and asks him to come back, Jason states he won't be able to change his violent ways.
As Tim informs them that the hideout is collapsing, Jason unhooks his jacket and falls into the water, so Batman won't risk himself for him. Barbara soon busts in from above using explosives, saving Tim and Batman from the flooding hideout. She later searches for any trace of the Joker, Straightman and Jason using drones, but fails to find any. As atman wonders if he made a mistake with Barbara and Tom just like he did with Jason, Tim states that Jason came to know his former mentor would never give up on him and Barbara adds that he had made his choice about what he wanted to become, just like them. Tim then assures Batman that they will always stick with him.
The next day, Jason regains consciousness aboard a ship, finding Deathstroke and his partner Sunny standing next to him. Slade explains that he had found out that he was the mysterious man who had been stalking them, which allowed them to rescue him while he washed away by the water. Upon being questioned as to how he escaped jail, Slade states he bribed the authorities for parole. He tells him to get rest, stating he's a man with great potential and he could find shelter with them if he needs one, adding one often finds a new family when they need it.
Appearing in "Red Son Rising, Part 6"
- Gotham City Police Department (Mentioned only)
- Robin (Dick Grayson) (Mentioned only)
- This Chapter is published in print in Batman: The Adventures Continue #7.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman: The Adventures Continue Vol 1 14 (Digital) on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman: The Adventures Continue series
- Batman Recommended Reading
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- The Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
- DC Animated Universe Recommended Reading
- Adventures in the DC Universe (Volume 1)
- The Batgirl Adventures #1
- Batman Adventures (Volume 1)
- Batman Adventures (Volume 2)
- The Batman Adventures: The Lost Years (Volume 1)
- The Batman Adventures: Mad Love
- The Batman and Robin Adventures (Volume 1)
- Batman and Superman Adventures: World's Finest
- Batman Beyond (Volume 1)
- Batman Beyond (Volume 2)
- Batman Beyond (Volume 4)
- Batman Beyond Unlimited (Volume 1)
- Batman Beyond Universe (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Adventures (Volume 1)
- Batman: Harley and Ivy (Volume 1)
- Batman: Mask of the Phantasm - The Animated Movie #1
- Gotham Girls (Volume 1)
- Justice League Adventures (Volume 1)
- Justice League Unlimited (Volume 1)
- Superman Adventures (Volume 1)
- Superman & Batman Magazine (Volume 1)
Links and References
- No external links.