In Metropolis, in the hospital, Jimmy Olsen knows a reporter knows whatever it takes to get the story and determines to get the scoop of the century and uses his signal watch to call Superman, and then lays on his bed to pretend he's dying. Superman arrives wondering where the trouble is and the tur
Appearing in "Battle of the Superheroes!"
- King Tut (First full appearance)
- Vicki Vale (First full appearance)
- Jimmy Olsen (First appearance)
- Krypto (First appearance)
- Lois Lane (First full appearance)
- Perry White (First appearance)
- Brainiac (First appearance)
- Koko (First appearance)
- El Gar-Kur (First appearance)
- Lex Luthor (First full appearance)
- Metallo (First appearance)
- Mr. Mxyzptlk (First appearance)
- Toyman (First appearance)
- Green Kryptonite (First appearance)
- Kryptonite Ring
- Jimmy Olsen's Signal Watch (First appearance)
- Micro-Wave Beamer
- Red Kryptonite (First appearance)
- Gotham City
- Metropolis (First appearance)
- Daily Planet (First appearance)
- Fortress of Solitude (First appearance)
- Bottled City of Kandor (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Battle of the Superheroes!"
In Metropolis, in the hospital, Jimmy Olsen knows a reporter knows whatever it takes to get the story and determines to get the scoop of the century and uses his signal watch to call Superman, and then lays on his bed to pretend he's dying. Superman arrives wondering where the trouble is and the turns to see the faking Jimmy, Superman asks if he is sick, and Jimmy comments in curable disease and lies that the doctor told him he dosen't have much time, Superman if he can use his super-speed to catch a cure in any hospital in the world or find some medicine in a tropical rainforest. Jimmy asks if he can tell him his secret identity, and Superman replies he has been his good buddy. Jimmy thoughts while playing dead that it's working. Before Superman can tell him his secret identity, he hears super hearing that Metropolis is in danger. Before going out the window, Superman tells Jimmy he is fine and normal and will make a good recovery, and then flies out the window, leaving an upset Jimmy behind after he didn't get the secret ID of Superman. Everyone see their greatest hero flying, Superman sees Batman in the Batmobile, Batman tells him gems were stolen from Gotham, Star City and Bludhaven, Superman uses his X-ray vision to search for the criminal, seeing that a vault has been broken out, and it was Lex Luthor, who has hold Lois Lane captive, and Luthor replies that Superman won't interfere with his plans. Then, Lois suddenly kicked the lever on his ship, only to fear the plane had made Lois fall out and warns Superman to save her, she was saved, only to realize Batman had rescued her. Meanwhile, Superman stops Luthor, Luthor fights back, but he breaks his ship tying him up and turning him over to the police and asks Batman if he can help out, and then he goes to the Daily Planet as Clark Kent.
Perry White tells Clark to get a close scoop on Superman fighting crime, but Lois wanted to do it. And Clark agrees by doing his work on Metropolis' best knotholes, Perry lets him do it then, and tells Lois and Jimmy to do the story, as they both leave. Clark hides in the janitor's office to transform into Superman.
As Lois narrates the story, Superman fights Metallo on the Daily Planet, Metallo uses Kryptonite to weaken him, Batman takes the Kryptonite from him, and Superman defeated him. Meanwhile in the Fortress of Solitude, Superman and Batman shrink down like the size of the Atom in the little city of Kandor, Superman dodges several blasts of El-Gar-Kur, and Batman defeats Gar-Kur, then Superman plays with Krypto the Superdog as he throws the frisbee into space, and Krypto goes after it. Shortly afterward, Mr. Mxyzptlk causes mischief in Metropolis, Jimmy Olsen takes the picture of him with his tooth, as Mxy wonders he turns Jimmy into a mouse, then Superman and Batman arrive, Batman thought that Bat-Mite was the weirdest one, Superman knows one way, while Mxy turns Jimmy into a six-armed Jimmy, a jungle boy marrying a gorilla, a swami, a werewolf, Bizarro-Jimmy, a brainiac Jimmy, a girl Jimmy, and then a porcupined Jimmy, Superman knocks on Mxy's head telling him a joke saying his name backwards, which tricked him to go back to the 5th dimension, thus turning Jimmy back to normal.
Lois ends the story, and Jimmy goes to her telling her what gifts Superman had gave them, a necklice for Lois, and a new signal watch for Jimmy.
A bank robbery has happened, as toy soldiers guarded it, Toyman steals the money, Superman attempts to stop him, his toy soldiers attack, though he uses his super-breath to blow them away, his toy cannons blast him, he uses his super-vision to destroy them, he super-visions his pogo stick and captures Toyman. Lois and Jimmy ask him any thing on the heist, Superman was about to say something, until the gifts he presumly gave to his 2 best friends glowed as he transform into an angry monster. He starts saying he's tired of crooks stealing from his city, and throws Toyman to the ground, and then goes near to kill him.
- While identified as the fifth episode by production numbering, this episode was aired as the first episode of the third season.
- The teaser is a homage to 1960's Batman live action television series.
- Main episode:
- The main episode is a homage to Silver Age Superman mythos.
- Brainiac is seen with a unnamed, small monkey pet. Its name is Koko and it appeared alongside the villain in Brainiac's first comic book appearance.
- Lois Lane having a living dream in which she is married with Superman and have a couple of super-children is a tribute to the story in Superman's Girl Friend, Lois Lane Vol 1 55.
- Superman destroying the robe with heat vision is a tribute to the cover of Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen Vol 1 30.
- Superman cooking barbecue with heat vision on the beach with Lana Lang is a tribute to the cover of Superman's Girl Friend, Lois Lane Vol 1 26.
- King Superman, with the crown, is a tribute to the story in Action Comics Vol 1 311.
- Mayor Swan is named after Curt Swan, who is best known as the penciller for the Silver Age Superman titles.
- Batman's battle in a powerful suit of armor against Superman is an homage to Batman: The Dark Knight Returns.
- Luthor's hideout has statues of Genghis Khan and Julius Caesar.
- 19 Images from Batman: The Brave and the Bold (TV Series) Episode: Battle of the Superheroes!
- Episodes of Batman: The Brave and the Bold (TV Series)
- Images from Batman: The Brave and the Bold (TV Series)
- Gallery for the Batman: The Brave and the Bold (TV Series) series
Links and References