Copy Edit Needed
Batman manages to find the man who killed his parents and triggered him becoming the Dark Knight, one Joseph Chill. Anger soon overtakes him along with a desire for revenge that would go against everything he stands for. The Spectre, being the agent of wrath, t
- He took your parents, ruined your life, fulfill your destiny, become what you have trainded to be an agent of vengence, he knows who you are. If this man lives... Batman dies.: Spectre
- Batman may die, but Bruce Wayne... never.: Batman
Appearing in "Chill of the Night!"
- Abra Kadabra (First appearance)
- Joe Chill (Only appearance; dies) (Flashback and main story)
- Lew Moxon (Only appearance; dies) (Flashback and main story)
- Mad Hatter
- Mister Freeze (First appearance as Mr. Freeze)
- Poison Ivy (First appearance)
- Solomon Grundy
- Alfred (Flashback only) (Cameo)
- Aquaman (Cameo)
- Black Canary (Cameo)
- Blue Beetle (Cameo)
- Doctor Fate (Cameo)
- Flash (Cameo)
- Gentleman Ghost (Cameo)
- Green Arrow (Cameo)
- Grodd (Cameo)
- Red Tornado (Cameo)
- Wotan (Cameo)
Synopsis for "Chill of the Night!"
Batman manages to find the man who killed his parents and triggered him becoming the Dark Knight, one Joseph Chill. Anger soon overtakes him along with a desire for revenge that would go against everything he stands for. The Spectre, being the agent of wrath, tries to convince the Caped Crusader that Chill must pay for Batman's parents deaths. The Phantom Stranger wishes him not to give up his principles. They both show compelling arguments for their cases using Batman's own memories, eventually leading him to a decision.
Later in a warehouse, Chill is holding an arms sale for Gotham's biggest super villains. His auction soon goes south when Batman busts in, snatching up Chill and dragging him into the warehouse office while the villains stand outside waiting for the chance to attack. Chill wonders why Batman took him and not his villains. His fear only grows when Batman says that he knows it was Chill who chilled Thomas and Martha Wayne all those years ago. Trembling Chill asks how he could possibly know that, and Batman says he knows because he was there, he knows because 'he' is Bruce Wayne and pulls off his mask, revealing his face for the first time in the series.
Standing over a shocked Chill he tells him point blank that he is the reason that he became the Batman in the first place, he promises not to kill him, but will spend every waking moment he has making Chill suffer for what he did.
The terrified Chill runs out to meet the villains. He repeats what Batman told him hoping they would help, only to be met with silence and a laughing Joker. The villains turn on him, venting their anger on the man responsible for creating the bane of their existence. Just before Chill meets his end at their hands, Batman springs into action. Taking out his foes one by one in the warehouse just as it starts collapsing. He tries to save Chill but the crook is crushed under falling debris. Chill smiles and comments that it looks like Bruce got his revenge after all before passing away.
The Stranger and Spectre watch the interaction. The Stranger tells the disgruntled Spectre that he knew Batman would hold to his principles, although it was too convenient that debris should just so happen to fall right on Chill, to which the smirking Spectre says he knows nothing about.
- No notes.
- No trivia.
- 12 Images from Batman: The Brave and the Bold (TV Series) Episode: Chill of the Night!
- Episodes of Batman: The Brave and the Bold (TV Series)
- Images from Batman: The Brave and the Bold (TV Series)
- Gallery for the Batman: The Brave and the Bold (TV Series) series
Links and References