- Vicki Vale (in cutscenes)
The game features Batman who must traverse the various sections of Gotham City in order to reach his final confrontation with the nefarious villain the Joker. It is based on the 1989 Warner Bros. Batman motion picture.
Unlike the NES, this version stays closer to the plot of the film, and features the Batmobile and Batwing in the form of horizontal shooting levels. While the NES version allows three unique weapons and unlimited continues, the Genesis version only has the Batarang as a special weapon with limited continues. The grappling hook is an additional item. The game also deviates from the film plot because in the film, Batman attempts to save Napier from falling into the chemicals, but fails. However in the game, Batman actually knocks Napier into the vat. This game has little or no cutscenes; instead the player advances to the next destination, after defeating a boss character.
The cast of this Video Game are unknown.
- It was released first in Japan in 1990, but wasn't released in America until 1991 due to Nintendo's former policy of its licensed third-party companies producing titles for a Nintendo system exclusively.
- No trivia.
- Images from Batman: The Video Game (Genesis)
- Characters from Batman: The Video Game (Genesis)
- Other things related to Batman: The Video Game (Genesis)
- Video Game Gallery: Batman: The Video Game (Genesis)
Links and References