"From Generation to Generation Like Cancer": Captain Gordon is very concerned - several criminals recently claim to have encountered a young boy when they were stopped by Batman - it seems that Gotham's protector has begun
- What's there to understand, exactly? You're training some kid to follow in your footsteps! Putting him in the path of bullets and madmen!
- -- James Gordon
Appearing in "From Generation to Generation Like Cancer"
- Mister Freeze
Synopsis for "From Generation to Generation Like Cancer"
Captain Gordon is very concerned - several criminals recently claim to have encountered a young boy when they were stopped by Batman - it seems that Gotham's protector has begun endangering a child's life and Gordon does not approve. The most recent report comes from one of Mister Freeze's men. When he summons Batman to talk about the situation, his friend explains his reasons for taking the boy on and suggests releasing Freeze's henchman. Gordon does so, and soon the police and vigilantes are able to converge on the villain's current hideout. Several police officers are frozen to death in the encounter, though Robin saves the Commissioner's life. When Robin is threatened, the Commissioner can see the same concern in Batman's eyes that is in his own when he thinks of his adoptive daughter Barbara. He doesn't know who this 'Robin' is, but he sees him as much-needed 'family' for the Dark Knight.
- This story takes place very soon after Dick Grayson became Robin.
- The warehouse where Mr Freeze is hiding contains a number of stored props from the TV show Goliath Island, allowing the battle with the cold crook to involve a giant cash register in nostalgic fashion.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman: Turning Points Vol 1 2 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman: Turning Points series
- Images from Batman: Turning Points Vol 1 2