"A Christmas Riddle": The Peregrinator Club's annual Christmas dinner is hijacked by the Riddler, who (broadcast by a captive Summer Gleeson) claims to have found Batman and Robin among one of the club's families. Batman dismisses this as a bluff, as his father was the last Wayne to have been a
- Who's been bad? Who's been good? Who's been naughty or nice? That's what I love about Christmas! So many wonderful, maddening questions.
- — Riddler
Appearing in "A Christmas Riddle"
- Summer Gleeson
- Commissioner Gordon
- Graham Knowland (Single appearance)
- Ian McIvor (Single appearance)
- Alex McIvor (Single appearance)
- Jake McIvor (Single appearance)
- Michael McIvor (Single appearance)
- Joker (Cameo)
- Two-Face (Cameo)
- Poison Ivy (Cameo)
- Scarecrow (Cameo)
- Ventriloquist & Scarface (Cameo)
- Thomas Wayne (In a photograph only)
Synopsis for "A Christmas Riddle"
The Peregrinator Club's annual Christmas dinner is hijacked by the Riddler, who (broadcast by a captive Summer Gleeson) claims to have found Batman and Robin among one of the club's families. Batman dismisses this as a bluff, as his father was the last Wayne to have been a Peregrinator; nevertheless, Riddler's gang holds dozens of Gotham's rich and elite hostage, with few reservations about cold-blooded murder.
While the Riddler tauntingly interrogates several of his hostages, the Dynamic Duo slip through the club's backdoor, and find several of Riddler's men looting the antique hall. Quickly, Batman realizes these antiques had been Riddler's goal all along; all the focus on the club's families had merely been a veiled reference to Los Dos Hermanos, a pair of priceless Mayan idols. After the looters have been subdued, Batman takes one of the idols and uses it to divert the Riddler, allowing Robin to free the hostages.
Defiant, the Riddler sets off his last recourse - firebombs hidden among the club's many Christmas trees. This forces Batman, Robin, and the police to focus on evacuating the club, while Riddler disguises himself as a riot officer and slips away with the idols. However, the evacuation finishes faster than anticipated, and the Dynamic Duo quickly overtake his getaway vehicle, ultimately forcing it off the road and into a pond.
After the Riddler is apprehended, and the idols restored, Bruce Wayne makes a large donation to the club's reconstruction. Though he maintains a disinterest in joining, he also remains devoted to the memory of his late father - doctor, philanthropist, and proud Peregrinator to the last.
- No special notes.
- One of the shops displaying Riddler's broadcast bears the sign "Timm's TV & Radio".
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman & Robin Adventures Vol 1 3 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman & Robin Adventures series
- Images from Batman & Robin Adventures Vol 1 3
- DC Animated Universe Recommended Reading
- Adventures in the DC Universe (Volume 1)
- The Batgirl Adventures #1
- Batman Adventures (Volume 1)
- Batman Adventures (Volume 2)
- Batman Adventures: The Lost Years (Volume 1)
- The Batman Adventures: Mad Love
- Batman & Robin Adventures (Volume 1)
- Batman and Superman Adventures: Worlds Finest: The Official Comics Adaptation #1
- Batman Beyond (Volume 1)
- Batman Beyond (Volume 2)
- Batman Beyond (Volume 4)
- Batman Beyond Unlimited (Volume 1)
- Batman Beyond Universe (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Adventures (Volume 1)
- Batman: Harley and Ivy (Volume 1)
- Batman: Mask of the Phantasm - The Animated Movie #1
- Gotham Girls (Volume 1)
- Justice League Adventures (Volume 1)
- Justice League Unlimited (Volume 1)
- Superman Adventures (Volume 1)
- Superman & Batman Magazine (Volume 1)