"The Batman Affair, Chapter 1: Deathtraps and Lairs": En route to Arkham in response to a breakout, Batman and Robin pass the Penguin. Executing a Bat-turn, they follow him, right into a trap! A mysterious benefactor has enabled to Penguin to at last trap is adversary. In Ghent, Napoleon Solo in
Appearing in "The Batman Affair, Chapter 1: Deathtraps and Lairs"
- Chief O'Hara
- Doctor Hugo
- Poison Ivy (Cameo)
- Mister Freeze (Cameo)
- Siren (Cameo)
- Egghead (Cameo)
- The Sandman (Cameo)
- Scarecrow (Cameo)
- Miss Vashon
Synopsis for "The Batman Affair, Chapter 1: Deathtraps and Lairs"
En route to Arkham in response to a breakout, Batman and Robin pass the Penguin. Executing a Bat-turn, they follow him, right into a trap! A mysterious benefactor has enabled to Penguin to at last trap is adversary. In Ghent, Napoleon Solo infiltrates a .T.H.R.U.S.H. meeting to learn their plans, and discovers the new European sub-chief is Olga, Queen of the Cossacks! She remembers everyone she invited, forcing Solo to flee with Ilya Kuryakin's help - but they blunder into a net that overturns their boat! In the cave, Penguin has bound Batman and Robin in quite a lot of rope and placed them among quite a lot of explosives. But when he tries to steal the Batmobile, it proves his undoing, as Batman traps him! In Ghent, Solo and Kuryakin are bound to a table with a blade threatening them. Ilya pretends allegiance to Russia and Olga frees him on condition he murder his partner. Instead he slips plugs into Solo's ears and uses a hypersonic weapon in his watch to knock everyone else out! Batman returns Penguin to Arkham, and there discovers Doctor Hugo unconscious and the grim news that a large number of dangerous villains have escaped!
- This book was first published on December 23, 2015.
- This issue marks the first appearance of The Man from U.N.C.L.E. characters in a comic book since The Man from U.N.C.L.E. The Birds of Prey Affair (published by Millennium Publications) 23 years earlier.
- While taking part in the T.H.R.U.S.H. investment meeting in Belgium, Napoleon Solo uses the alias "Ross Webster". Ross Webster was the name of the main villain in Superman III, portrayed by Robert Vaughn. Vaughn also portrayed Napoleon Solo in the TV Series The Man from U.N.C.L.E..
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman '66 Meets the Man from U.N.C.L.E. Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman '66 Meets the Man from U.N.C.L.E. series