At Moldavia in The Gotham City World's Fair, the Riddler's scheme to use the law against the Batman is already taking shape, as the Moldavian prime minister slices into the Moldavian Friendship cake and unknowingly
- I don't know who he is behind that mask of his, but I do know when we need him, and we need him NOW!
Synopsis for "Hi Diddle Riddle"
At Moldavia in The Gotham City World's Fair, the Riddler's scheme to use the law against the Batman is already taking shape, as the Moldavian prime minister slices into the Moldavian Friendship cake and unknowingly triggers a hidden bomb inside, releasing a concealed riddle. This riddle leads The Dynamic Duo to The Peale Art Gallery where they catch the Prince Of Puzzlers, the Riddler, in the act of taking a cross from its proprietor, Gideon Peale, at gunpoint. They stop him with an explosive but learn to their horror that Riddler's gun was actually a lighter and the cross was his to begin with. Riddler whistles and some lawyers arrive bearing subpoenas in which the Riddler hands to Batman. Batman is slated to be sued for false arrest.
The Dynamic Duo must uncover the Riddler's plot before the case comes to trial or Batman will be forced to reveal his true identity in court, completely destroying his value as an ace crimefighter and ending his career forever. Batman reveals that he knew the gun Riddler had was a fake, yet pretended to arrest Riddler so as to uncover Riddler's scheme.
Two hidden riddles in the legal documents lead Batman and Robin to the new "What A Way To Go-Go" discothèque. The Riddler informs his gang, the Mole Hill Mob, that Batman has had time to solve his clue. As the Riddler and the Mole Hill Mob make their way through an underground corridor to the discothèque, his plan is again put into action. Being a minor, Robin, the Boy Wonder is legally forbidden to enter the disco, so he waits outside in the Batmobile and monitors Batman on the Batscope. While Batman dances the Batusi with the Riddler's assistant, Molly, Unfortunately, his orange juice had been drugged with a sleeping pill. Watching from outside, Robin attempts to help Batman, but falls victim to the Riddler's tranquilizer dart gun. Riddler tries to steal the Batmobile but accidentally triggers its antitheft rockets. He then tries to destroy the car, but the flames are extinguished by its Bat-o-stat Antifire Activator. Robin is carried away down a manhole by the Riddler and the Mole Hill Mob. Batman finds himself in no condition to pursue them and is forced to surrender his Batkeys to the police at the most inopportune time.
Meanwhile, at the Riddler's hideout, Robin is strapped to a table as the Riddler, who's surrounded by Molly and the Mole Hill Mob, attempts to operate on the unconscious boy.
Appearing in "Hi Diddle Riddle"
- Alfred (First appearance)
- Aunt Harriet Cooper (First appearance)
- Gotham City Police Department
- The Riddler (First appearance)
- Mole Hill Mob (First appearance)
- Harry (First appearance)
- Molly (First appearance)
- Doorman (First appearance)
- Gideon Peale (First appearance)
- Inspector Basch (First appearance)
- Moldavian Prime Minister (First appearance)
- Newscaster (First appearance)
- Thomas Wayne (Deceased) (Mentioned only)
- Martha Wayne (Deceased) (Mentioned only)
- Gotham City
- Stately Wayne Manor
- Utility Belt
- Batcomputer (First appearance)
- Batphone (First appearance)
- Batpole (First appearance)
- Riddler's Cross (First appearance)
- Shakespeare Bust (First appearance)
- Batusi (First appearance)
- This episode partially adapts moments from Batman #171; specifically the fake gun lighter used by the Riddler to lure Batman into a trap.
- First appearance of all characters.
- Why is a orange like a bell?
- They both need to be peeled
- There are 3 people in a boat, with 4 cigarettes but no matches. How did they manage to smoke?
- They threw one cigarette overboard and made a cigarette lighter.
- What is it that no one wants to have, yet no one wants to lose?
- A lawsuit.
- When is the time of a clock like a whistle of a train?
- When it's two to two.
- What has neither flesh, bones or nail, yet has four finger and a bone?
- A glove
- Why is a quarrel like a bargain?
- It takes two to make it.
- The fictional Republic of Moldavia is based on the real world country, the Republic of Moldova.
- Reason to vanish: fishing.
- 4 Images from Batman (1966 TV Series) Episode: Hi Diddle Riddle
- Episodes of Batman (1966 TV Series)
- Images from Batman (1966 TV Series)
- Gallery for the Batman (1966 TV Series) series
Links and References
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Hi Diddle Riddle. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. The text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.|