The Great Escape is an episode of season 3 of Batman . It premiered on February 1, 1968.
Appearing in "The Great Escape"
- Calamity Jan (First full appearance)
- Frontier Fanny
- Chief Standing Pat
- Fernando Ricardo Enrique Dominguez ("F.R.E.D.")
- Fortissimo Fra Diavolo (Single appearance)
- Leonora Sotto Voce (Single appearance)
- Pop the Stage Doorman (Single appearance)
- Gotham City
- Wayne Manor
- Emergency Batcommunicator
- Batman's Utility Belt
- Bat-Antidote Powder
- Bat-Answer Phone
- Fear Gas
Synopsis for "The Great Escape"
Shame is broken out of prison by his fiancée Calamity Jan and her mother Frontier Fanny, who have assembled a new gang for him, to boot. Though strongly disliking his potential mother-in-law, Shame approves the gang out of devotion to his fiancée, and begins a new crime spree after delivering the customary taunt to Batman.
From the taunt, Batman, Robin, and Batgirl correctly deduce that Shame means to rob the Gotham City Opera House. There, the trio of crimefighters easily overpower Shame and his men, but are surprised by Calamity Jan and Frontier Fanny, who wield the gang's secret weapon: fear gas. The powerful chemical quickly reduces Batman and Robin to helpless cowards, allowing Shame's gang to escape with the loot and a captive Batgirl.
Defeated, the Dynamic Duo return to the Batcave, where Alfred cures their condition with Bat-Antidote-laced chicken soup. Unfortunately, Batgirl remains Shame's hostage - insurance against the police, as well as Batman. Shame's advantage does not last long, however; as he plans his next crime, pure happenstance allows Batman and Robin to capture Frontier Fanny, setting the stage for a prisoner exchange.
- No notes.
- No trivia.
- 2 Images from Batman (1966 TV Series) Episode: The Great Escape
- Episodes of Batman (1966 TV Series)
- Images from Batman (1966 TV Series)
- Gallery for the Batman (1966 TV Series) series
Links and References