Appearing in "Be a Clown"
- Joker (Apparent Death)
- Summer Gleeson
- Jordan Hill
Synopsis for "Be a Clown"
The Joker infiltrates the mayor's mansion disguised as another clown who was hired to entertain at the mayor's son birthday partyand. The Joker sets a dynamite that exploded inside the pool thanks to Bruce Wayne's seemingly accident. When the police arrived, they realized that the mayor's son was gone. Jordan escaped his home and followed the Joker to his hideout. Jordan expected to be a magician just as the Joker but when Batman tracked them to the Joker's hideout; Jordan realized the Joker was not what he thought him to be.
After Batman escaped the Joker's water torture trap; he chased the clown through the roller coaster. The chase ended when the Joker fell to the ocean below, disappearing. Batman rescued Jordan and returned him to the mayor's house.
- No notes.
- Tim Curry was originally intended to voice the Joker. His uncredited cameo as the laughing Robot Clown is a reference to the laugh he would have used had he remained cast as the Joker.
- The water torture trap depicted in this episode; is a reference to the same trap that Harry Houdini made famous in 1912. This trap would be used again by The Joker in Detective Comics #673.
- This was the 9th episode to be produced and the 11th to be aired.
- Joker's fate in this episode is unknown, because he presumably died when he fell of the rollercoaster to the ocean, but later, in "The Last Laugh", is revealed that he survived to the fall.
- 3 Images from Batman (1992 TV Series) Episode: Be a Clown
- Episodes of Batman (1992 TV Series)
- Images from Batman (1992 TV Series)
- Gallery for the Batman (1992 TV Series) series
Links and References