The Joker releases a load of his toxic laughing gas in Gotham City on April Fool's Day. The gas spreads fast and incapacitates the people allowing the Joker and his henchmen to steal everything in the city. In the Batcave, Batman analyzes the effects o
- When the going gets tough...the tough go shopping.
Appearing in "The Last Laugh"
- The Joker
- Captain Clown (Only appearance; dies)
- Jest (Single appearance)
- Unnamed Joker Henchman (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "The Last Laugh"
The Joker releases a load of his toxic laughing gas in Gotham City on April Fool's Day. The gas spreads fast and incapacitates the people allowing the Joker and his henchmen to steal everything in the city. In the Batcave, Batman analyzes the effects of the gas on people when he notices something wrong with Afred; the butler inhaled some of the gas and was breaking everything in Wayne Manor.
Batman sets out to find the Joker to stop him. Batman finds the submarine the Joker was using and engages in combat with the clown's henchmen and beat them but he is unable to defeat a robot controlled by the Joker. Batman is locked inside a metal can with holes in it and is left to drown in the river. He manages to escape with help of the batboat controlled remotely from his utility belt.
Batman follows the Joker to the Ace Waste Disposal Plant, takes down the henchmen and destroys Captain Clown the robot. This upset the Joker and he leads Batman in a wild goose chase across the plant. After going through a number of death traps Batman finally manages to take the Joker down.
In the end, back in Wayne Manor, Alfred is upset for his behavior when he was under the effects of the laughing gas. Bruce plays a little April Fool's joke on him and tells him not to worry because he would take it out of his salary for the next couple of years. In the end, Bruce laughs of his own joke.
- No notes.
- This is the first episode to be produced with Efrem Zimbalist, Jr. voicing Alfred.
- Fourth episode produced; fifteenth episode aired.
- Alfred plays a joke on Bruce in the beginning and Bruce is not amused. Alfred remarks "not a funny bone in his entire body". Bruce then proves him wrong when he plays a joke on Alfred.
- 4 Images from Batman (1992 TV Series) Episode: The Last Laugh
- Episodes of Batman (1992 TV Series)
- Images from Batman (1992 TV Series)
- Gallery for the Batman (1992 TV Series) series
Links and References