During an especially blistering summer, Gotham City is attacked by "Mr. Freeze", an inhuman jewel thief with the power to generate ice and snow with his bare hands. Batman confronts Freeze at a diamond exchange, but is no match for the latter's cryokinetic abilities. After trapping Batman in a pilla
- I've had a makeover since our paths last crossed.
Appearing in "The Big Chill"
- Batman (Flashback and main story)
- Mr. Freeze (First appearance) (Flashback and main story) (Origin)
- Joe Chill (Single appearance) (Flashback only)
- Unnamed Man (Single appearance)
- Unnamed Man's Wife (Single appearance)
- Movie Star (Single appearance)
- Thomas Wayne (Flashback only)
- Martha Wayne (Flashback only)
- Gotham City
Synopsis for "The Big Chill"
During an especially blistering summer, Gotham City is attacked by "Mr. Freeze", an inhuman jewel thief with the power to generate ice and snow with his bare hands. Batman confronts Freeze at a diamond exchange, but is no match for the latter's cryokinetic abilities. After trapping Batman in a pillar of ice, Freeze mockingly explains that he was created by Batman. Once, he was ordinary bank robber Victor Fries, until Batman pursued him into a cryonics lab; an electric accident trapped Fries inside one of the cryogenic capsules, mutating his body until he had become a creature that could lower the temperature of whatever he touched.
Before Freeze can finish Batman off, Bennett and Yin arrive, prompting Freeze to flee. Yin sees the captive Batman and attempts to unmask him, but Batman escapes with the thermal charges in his belt and makes it back to the Batcave, seriously injured but still alive. Through the night, Bruce is tormented by the guilt of transforming Fries into a monster and by fevered memories of his parents' death, but his considerations of retiring from Batman are quashed by a reluctant Alfred. Eventually, Bruce recovers, and pursues a rematch with Freeze.
In Batman's absence, Freeze has been allowed almost unlimited rein over Gotham, and has even turned the park into his own private palace. Batman confronts him there, having equipped himself with an insulated "winter" Batsuit, and attacks Freeze with flamethrowers and exploding Batarangs. Finally, he secures victory by blasting Freeze with flames from the Batmobile's exhaust grill, defeating Freeze and thawing out the park.
- This episode first aired in the United States on October 30th, 2004.
- No trivia.
- Images from Batman (2004 TV Series) Episode: The Big Chill
- Episodes of Batman (2004 TV Series)
- Images from Batman (2004 TV Series)
- Gallery for the Batman (2004 TV Series) series
Links and References