"Family Day": After Jack was released from prison, Melanie got him a job at the restaurant where she worked at, as a dish washer but that didn't last for too long. Jack usurped his father's position as King and started a series of tryouts for local street punks who wanted to become the new found
- Daddy is the least of your worries, Jack!
- — Melanie
Appearing in "Family Day"
- Royal Flush Gang
- Gary (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Family Day"
After Jack was released from prison, Melanie got him a job at the restaurant where she worked at, as a dish washer but that didn't last for too long. Jack usurped his father's position as King and started a series of tryouts for local street punks who wanted to become the new founding members of the Royal Flush Gang. Terry tails one street punk named Gary that has just committed a burglary. Terry beats up Gary and leaves him for the police. The next day, Bruce gets intel from Barbara and relays it back to Terry. According to Barbara's interrogation, Gary was bragging about how his burglary was an initiation to become a member of the Royal Flush Gang.
Terry goes to Melanie for help and she agrees to end this nightmare once and for all. Melanie goes to visit King at Blackgate to learn about any hideouts that the gang used to meet at after Melanie was cast out of the gang. At first, King refuses to help Melanie and begins to taunt her about how rehabilitation has rewarded her as well as Jack. Melanie informs King that Jack has taken his position of power and is starting a new Royal Flush Gang. King becomes infuriated and tells Melanie everything.
Jack and his new Queen welcome the new members to their gang. Since the software in the Ace android was outdated, Jack initiated a techno savy midget named Chet who can control Ace by via remote control body suit. As for the new Jack, a street punk named Wyatt takes the position. As for Jack's new Queen and Ten, their identities remain unknown. However, its possible that Ten is Melanie's identical cousin who has also not been named while Queen maybe Sable Thorpe, King's replacement Queen who double crossed Paxton Powers during Bruce's attempted assassination. Suddenly, Melanie and Terry crash the party. Melanie expresses her disappointment in regards to Jack's relapse into crime but Jack tells her that he has no regrets. Terry and Melanie easily defeat the new gang while the police arrive to cart the gang off to Blackgate.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Discuss Batman Beyond Vol 2 23 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman Beyond series
- Images from Batman Beyond Vol 2 23
- DC Animated Universe Recommended Reading
- Adventures in the DC Universe (Volume 1)
- The Batgirl Adventures #1
- Batman Adventures (Volume 1)
- Batman Adventures (Volume 2)
- Batman Adventures: The Lost Years (Volume 1)
- The Batman Adventures: Mad Love
- Batman & Robin Adventures (Volume 1)
- Batman and Superman Adventures: Worlds Finest: The Official Comics Adaptation #1
- Batman Beyond (Volume 1)
- Batman Beyond (Volume 2)
- Batman Beyond (Volume 4)
- Batman Beyond Unlimited (Volume 1)
- Batman Beyond Universe (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Adventures (Volume 1)
- Batman: Harley and Ivy (Volume 1)
- Batman: Mask of the Phantasm - The Animated Movie #1
- Gotham Girls (Volume 1)
- Justice League Adventures (Volume 1)
- Justice League Unlimited (Volume 1)
- Superman Adventures (Volume 1)
- Superman & Batman Magazine (Volume 1)