- Isn't it wonderful? Together, the people find strength in their fear. Exhilarating. For there are true monsters in this world. Batman and Robin are ours. We must tear them apart, child. Rip the limbs from their bodies. Strip the flesh from their bones. In order to conquer our all-consuming fear... The Scarecrow decrees that the Bat-demons must DIE!
Synopsis for "Target: Batman, Part Three"
Terry is in dire straits, as he cannot hurt the people of Gotham that for some mysterious matter are trying to kill him, calling him a demon. Bruce decides to give Matt a new Robin suit, just as advanced as the one Terry owns: he will follow every order given to him by Bruce. Television reporter Jack Ryder is trying to find his disappeared colleague Adalyn Stern, who went missing after a mysterious incident involving a vision of a demonic Batman. In her apartment, Ryder camouflages his voice and accesses to Melissa, Adalyn's virtual assistant, to ask her if there was someone with Adalyn last night. The assistant tells him Adalyn was alone. Then, Jack finds a room full of notes: thousands of pieces of paper with only one word written on it. That word is The Bat.
Formerly know as the Creeper, Ryder infiltrates the Batcave and gets welcomed by a Batarang thrown by Bruce: Jack is here only to ask Bruce some info on Adalyn, and the two dig to discover that the girl assisted, while still a child, to Batman beating the hell out of her father, a criminal who started a gang war back in Bruce's days as the Dark Knight. Of course, Bruce never realized she was there. In the city, Robin helps Terry face chaos while is revealed that the new Scarecrow is responsible for the mayhem.
Appearing in "Target: Batman, Part Three"
- Bruce Wayne (Flashback and main story)
- Commissioner Gordon
- Jack Ryder
- Adalyn Stern (Flashback only)
- Dana Tan
- Scarecrow (First appearance)
- Bat-Monster (does not directly appear; revealed to be a hallucination)
- Stern (Flashback only) (First appearance)