"Will to Power": In the first story, Kyle Rayner sees a robbery, and since he cannot change to Green Lantern with all the witnesses around, leaps onto the getaway car and forcibly removes the license plate. J'onn J'onzz runs the plate through the JLA database and discovers the car is re
- You handled the encounter at the van poorly. You endangered the life of the driver. You failed to learn anything from the men you beat down. You let your rage rule you, and it's making you into a fool.
Appearing in "Will to Power"
- Getaway car
Synopsis for "Will to Power"
In the first story, Kyle Rayner sees a robbery, and since he cannot change to Green Lantern with all the witnesses around, leaps onto the getaway car and forcibly removes the license plate. J'onn J'onzz runs the plate through the JLA database and discovers the car is registered to the boss of a crime syndicate in Gotham City. Rayner goes to visit Batman in costume. Batman tells Green Lantern to go home and Green Lantern tells Batman he won't leave without the brooch that was stolen. Batman shoves Rayner and takes his ring. He tells Rayner that he will return the ring after he is done and leaves. Rayner decides to get the brooch back, even without his ring. In an old warehouse, perched on the catwalk, Rayner listens in on a crooked business deal between the man who stole the brooch, Klaus, and another criminal. Rayner slips in a puddle and falls off the catwalk, alerting the criminals. While their attention is drawn to Rayner, one of the criminals, really Batman in disguise, changes to Batman and kicks the butts of the criminals assembled. Rayner goes after Klaus and gets stabbed while fighting for the brooch. He awakes with the brooch in his hand, to find Batman standing over him, Klaus laying next to him. Batman tells him he used to wonder why the Guardians chose Rayner, says "Welcome to Gotham," and tosses him his power ring.
Appearing in "Between Stars Above and Below"
Synopsis for "Between Stars Above and Below"
In the second story, Oracle is just signing off after coordinating Black Canary's patrol of Gotham City. Two burglars break in and are about to confront Barbara Gordon, when Man-Bat breaks through the skylight and defends her. He easily bests the burglars and then shares a moment with Barbara. He then takes to the sky with her on his back, returning her to the apartment after the flight is done.
Appearing in "An Answer in the Rubble"
- Alex Kofey
- Supply van
Synopsis for "An Answer in the Rubble"
In the final story, Huntress is surveying a van full of medical supplies, bound for a triage center in Gotham City. The Question is also surveying Huntress. Huntress sees the van being hijacked by a group of armed men and she takes them down, shooting at the Question when he turns up. The Question tells her he is not her foe and helps her carry the medical supplies to the triage center. The Question and Huntress go after the supply sergeant, Alex Kofey, the only person who knew when all the medical vans that have been hijacked, would be coming into town. Together they bring down Kofey and his men.
- This issue is reprinted in Batman: Road to No Man's Land Vol. 2 (Collected).
- No trivia.
- Batman Recommended Reading
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- The Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
- Birds of Prey Recommended Reading