"Mr. Unknown is Dead": Lord Death Man and his henchmen kill Mr. Unknown and attack his sidekick Jiro Osamu. However, Jiro escapes and Lord Death Man orders his henchmen to kill all Japanese crimefighters.
- KILL ALL JAPANESE CRIMEFIGHTERS!
Synopsis for "Mr. Unknown is Dead"
Later, Bruce and Selina go to Narita, Japan. Using one of Bruce's hotels, the two discuss Bruce's plans to train a Japanese Batman. Later, Batman and Catwoman go to Mr. Unknown's secret base, where they are attacked by Lord Death Man's henchmen. After defeating them, Batman finds out that they were waiting not for them, but for Jiro, the body double.
Jiro arrives at his girlfriend Misaki's apartment, where he finds her being held hostage by Lord Death Man. Jiro pulls out a gun and shoots Lord Death Man. However, Misaki is suddenly thrown to a tank of water, just as Batman and Catwoman arrive. Catwoman jumps to save her, but she is attacked by a giant octopus.
Appearing in "Mr. Unknown is Dead"
- Daisuke (Jiro's friend)
- Misaki (Jiro's girlfriend)
- Mrs. Okatsu (Jiro's landlord)
- Super Young Team
- Shiny Happy Aquazon (Mentioned only)
- Aqua Regia
- Batman's Shock Gauntlets (First appearance)
- Project X (First appearance)
- Wayne Private Jet
- This issue is reprinted in Batman Incorporated.
- Batman Recommended Reading
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- The Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)