"Batman and Oracle in: Nightmares in Numberland": Bruce shows to a group of businessmen a virtual reality he calls "Internet 3.0". Suddenly, a group of cyber-terrorists led by the Worm Captain attacks them. Bruce tells the businessmen not to log off, saying that Internet 3.0 comes with free Batm
- I've armed all of you with state of the art antiviral weaponry.
- — Oracle
Appearing in "Batman and Oracle in: Nightmares in Numberland"
- Ari Zamaroff (investor)
- Belle Bourgeois (investor)
- Chun Wei (investor)
- Dr. Solomon (investor)
- Mr. Velocet (investor)
- Mr. Tanaka (computer hacker)
- The Worm Captain (computer virus)
- "Finishing School for Evil" (Cameo)
Synopsis for "Batman and Oracle in: Nightmares in Numberland"
Bruce shows to a group of businessmen a virtual reality he calls "Internet 3.0". Suddenly, a group of cyber-terrorists led by the Worm Captain attacks them. Bruce tells the businessmen not to log off, saying that Internet 3.0 comes with free Batman Incorporated anti-viral software. In that moment, Barbara Gordon (in a virtualized version of her Batgirl gear) enters the scene and fights the terrorists. Batman also appears and tells Bruce to get the others to safety.
After the terrorists are defeated and the businessmen escape, Batman tells Batgirl that he is simultaneously controlling two avatars, one of Batman and another of Bruce Wayne. When Batman asks what happened here, Oracle tells him that the system was infected with a malware virus. Apparently, someone brought the virus through the firewalls. Oracle believes one of the businessmen to be a Trojan Horse, and Batman says that he had his suspicions.
As Bruce and the businessmen try to escape, a voice speaks through the environment, saying that all the businessmen are egotistical frauds. Terrified, Mr. Tanaka, one of the businessmen, walks through a door, hoping to escape the simulation, but he falls through an bottomless chasm. Fortunately, Bruce respawns his Batman avatar and saves Tanaka. Oracle tells the group that their avatars are hurt, they will die. Batman and Oracle leads the group to the roof, and Oracle says that she already knows who is the one behind their predicament.
As they reach the roof, Oracle reveals that Tanaka is the one who uploaded the virus in the first place. Tanaka replies that he wanted a challenge with real repercussions and summons the Worm Captain and his terrorists to finish the group off. Batman says that Tanaka did not get in single-handedly, and Oracle creates weapons so that the group can defend themselves from the enemies. Tanaka becomes a massive virtual creature, but Batgirl manages to isolate him and put him in quarantine, ending the crisis.
Later, Batman and Oracle discover that Tanaka intended to launder the investors' money to a small African country: Mtamba, the place where Leviathan first put down roots. Batman says that Jezebel Jet, Mtamba's former leader, was attacked by Talia al-Ghul's Man-Bats, but no one ever found the body. Realizing that Jezebel is still alive, Oracle promises Batman to alert everyone.
Afterwards, Bruce has another meeting with the investors, who despite the danger, enjoyed the experience and approve the project.
- Batman, Inc. #9 & 10 became the Batman Incorporated: Leviathan Strikes! #1 one-shot, due to Flashpoint and The New 52.
- No trivia.
- Discuss Batman Incorporated Vol 1 8 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman Incorporated series
- Images from Batman Incorporated Vol 1 8
- Batman Recommended Reading
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- The Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)