"Genius of the Getaway Gimmicks!": Criminal Roy Reynolds has devised heists that use various gimmicks in order to stall Batman and Robin long enough for his thugs to get away. After a series of robberies whi
Batman #170 is an issue of the series Batman (Volume 1) with a cover date of March, 1965. It was published on January 21, 1965.
Synopsis for "Genius of the Getaway Gimmicks!"
Criminal Roy Reynolds has devised heists that use various gimmicks in order to stall Batman and Robin long enough for his thugs to get away. After a series of robberies which are pulled off with the aid of the gimmicks, Reynolds learns of a criminal called "Hexer", who tried to eliminate Batman, but was captured with the help of the Bat-Signal. Hexer has vowed to get revenge using the Bat-signal and Reynolds reflects on how foolish other criminals are in trying to eliminate Batman instead of focusing on escaping.
The next night, Reynolds sends his men to one of their planned crimes and they are soon followed by the Dynamic Duo. The Bat-Signal is activated in the sky and the light from the signal starts changing and turning the emblems of Batman and Robin's costumes into straight jackets so that they might be easier targets. Reynold's henchmen can't resist the temptation of bringing Batman down and they approach the apparently harmless heroes. Batman and Robin then use their legs to capture the criminals and they are soon arrested by the police. Batman and Robin then explain how they planned the whole "Hexer" hoax in order to capture them and the infuriated criminals decide to reveal the secret hideout of their boss, the Getaway Genius.
Batman and Robin locate Reynolds's hideout and they capture the sneaky criminal.
Appearing in "Genius of the Getaway Gimmicks!"
Synopsis for "The Puzzle of the Perilous Prizes!"
When Aunt Harriet mentions how a friend of hers won a contest without entering her name, Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson decide to investigate the strange win as Batman and Robin. They inadvertently end up alerting a group of criminals that are involved in an entirely different crime all together, but the heroes' presence and snooping around causes the criminals to think that they are onto their endeavor. Batman and Robin manage to stop the attempt on their lives and round up all the crooks. Later they find out that the person who entered Aunt Harriet's friend into the contest was a young boy whom she had nursed back to health when he was in the hospital, and entering her name into the contest was his way of repaying her.
Appearing in "The Puzzle of the Perilous Prizes!"
- Stilts (Single appearance)
- Pete (Single appearance)
- Ed (Single appearance)
- Aunt Harriet
- Mrs. Tompkins (Single appearance)
- James Statten (Single appearance)
- Bimbo (a grizzly bear) (Single appearance)
- Reprinted in Batman: The Dynamic Duo Archives Vol 2.
- Batman Recommended Reading
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman: World's Finest (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- The Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)