"The Joker's Original Robberies!": The Joker has gathered a group of criminals and his very own sidekick, a midget clown named Gaggy to commit a series of heists, based on stealing an original or first edition items of antiquated or h
Batman #186 is an issue of the series Batman (Volume 1) with a cover date of November, 1966. It was published on September 1, 1966.
Synopsis for "The Joker's Original Robberies!"
The Joker has gathered a group of criminals and his very own sidekick, a midget clown named Gaggy to commit a series of heists, based on stealing an original or first edition items of antiquated or historical value. As usual the clown prince of crimes thefts bring the attention of Batman and Robin, who after a few bungled attempts at stopping Joker from stealing original models of famous inventions, and an original typewriter, they manage to stop the Joker and his gang from stealing the original Gotham City Hall, and turn the crooks over to the police.
Appearing in "The Joker's Original Robberies!"
- Philip Perry (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Commissioner Gordon's Death-Threat!"
Batman receives a call from commissioner Gordon. Gordon tells Batman that he is in hiding in a hotel due to the recent release of a criminal named Fred Purley. Gordon had busted Purley 40 years earlier for robbery and he threatened Gordon at his sentencing. Now that Purley is out, Gordon fears for his life. Batman tells Gordon to stay put and that he is on his way. After the call it is revealed that Batman had been talking to Purley the whole time while Purley imitated Gordon’s voice. Batman is led into a trap where an explosion almost eliminates him. In the meantime Robin is on patrol when he runs into three thugs robbing a jewelry store. He tangles with them but they overpower Robin when one of them does a commissioner Gordon voice imitation. Robin is whacked on the back of the head and the criminals speed off. Robin and Batman eventually meet up at police headquarters and compare notes on their experiences. Robin recalls that one of the thugs had a commuter pass to Flame Island and they surmise that the criminals are holding Commissioner Gordon in that area. They fly the Batcopter over the island and they spot a makeshift bat signal coming from a house. They conclude it is a signal from Gordon letting them know where to look. Batman and Robin break into the house and rescue Gordon. They easily capture Purley and his gang.
Appearing in "Commissioner Gordon's Death-Threat!"
- James Gordon (Flashback and main story)
- Fred Purley (Flashback and main story)(Single appearance)
- Judge Parker (Flashback only)
- Batman Recommended Reading
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- The Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)