"How Many Ways Can a Robin Die?": Batman is lured into places in which he has to witness an unknown attacker murdering Robin, while he is unable to help his young sidekick, only to realize that the murdered Robin is just a dummy. After
Appearing in "How Many Ways Can a Robin Die?"
- Ravek, the Butcher (Single appearance)
- Warden Howe (Single appearance)
- Gotham City
- Gotham State Penitentiary
- Cape Fear (Single appearance)
- St. Elmo's Graveyard (Single appearance)
- Waxwork Murder Museum (Single appearance)
- New Carthage
- Stripped Arrow Country Club (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "How Many Ways Can a Robin Die?"
Batman is lured into places in which he has to witness an unknown attacker murdering Robin, while he is unable to help his young sidekick, only to realize that the murdered Robin is just a dummy. After each event, Batman finds a clue that would lead him to the next "murder", but everytime the killer escapes after having murdered the Robin dummy.
Batman becomes worried when he tries to contact Robin at Hudson University and he learns that he is nowhere to be found. After analyzing the latest clue to the Robin dummy murder, Batman deduces that the attacker must be one of the criminals he had recently sent to prison. Calling the warden of Gotham State Penitentiary, Batman learns that the criminal known as the Butcher was recently released because of a lack of evidence against him and Batman deduces that he must be the person behind the "murders".
Batman then goes to the next place where the murder is to take place and the Butcher is in fact waiting him there with the real Robin, who he had drugged and kidnapped. Batman arrives at the place and witnesses how the criminal has placed Robin in a guillotine, hoping to kill the teen wonder in Batman's presence. The Dark Knight manages to stop the blade from beheading Robin and he proceeds to engage in combat with the criminal, who is easily defeated by Batman. When Robin is rescued and informed about all the possible death scenarios in which his dummies were placed, all he can do is give one of his classic puns.
- This story is reprinted on Showcase Presents: Robin, the Boy Wonder Vol. 1.
- The story is divided in five chapters, all of which are references to the way Robin is "murdered" in each chapter:
- Chapter One: "How To Shaft a Robin!"
- Chapter Two: "How To Carve a Robin!"
- Chapter Three: "How To Bury a Robin... Deep!"
- Chapter Four: "How To Twist a Robin's Neck!"
- Chapter Five: "How To Chop Up a Robin!"
- No trivia.
- Robin Recommended Reading
- Batman: A Lonely Place of Dying
- Batman: Dark Victory
- Batman: Year Three
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman & Robin Eternal
- New Teen Titans (Volume 1)
- Robin: A Hero Reborn
- Robin II: The Joker's Wild!
- Robin III: Cry of the Huntress
- Robin (Volume 2)
- Robin: Son of Batman
- Robin: Year One
- Teen Titans (Volume 3)
- We Are Robin
- Young Justice (Volume 1)