"Murder Masquerade!": During the reception of foreign camels acquired by the Wayne Foundation, a man is apparently murdered during a camel stampede caused by a criminal disguised as a bedouin. Bruce Wayne becomes aware of the case, but he is needed in a sports eve
- For amateurs, you've been diabolically clever! Seldom have any criminals caused me such grief! You've deceived me... humiliated me--! The trouble is... I tend not to stay deceived and humiliated! Men like you are driven by greed! I have a stronger motivation! I hate crime... hate it with every fiber of my being!
Even in a word as confused and uncertain as ours, justice still exists-- and whether through me or through the machinery of civilization-- the law-- justice triumphs!
- — Batman
Appearing in "Murder Masquerade!"
- The Sheikh (Single appearance)
- Frederick Goforth (Single appearance)
- Oliver Hopkins (Single appearance)
- Leo Hunt (Only appearance; dies)
Synopsis for "Murder Masquerade!"
During the reception of foreign camels acquired by the Wayne Foundation, a man is apparently murdered during a camel stampede caused by a criminal disguised as a bedouin. Bruce Wayne becomes aware of the case, but he is needed in a sports event, where he is joined by Dick Grayson. During the hockey match, another man is killed by the same costumed criminal and this time, Batman confronts the killer in the rooftop of the building. Unfortunately, the man's costume is protected by some heavy armor and Batman's attacks have no effect. Instead, Batman is defeated and forced to retreat.
After the confrontation, Robin joins the investigation and he goes to the morgue to learn more about the victims of the killer. However, upon arriving, Robin learns that the bodies of the victims never arrived and after interrogating one of the orderlies at the place, Robin learns about a strange conspiracy.
Meanwhile, Alfred tends Batman's wounds and Bruce analyzes the evidence collected. The two victims were part of a three-member partnership in an oil company business and he deduces that the last victim would be Leo Hunt, the last member of the partnership. Batman goes to Hunt's house to prevent his murder, but he is unable to save the man and the killer claims another victim. At that moment, Robin contacts Batman and informs him that the bodies of the first two victims were apparently dropped near a hockey stadium and the Dynamic Duo go to investigate.
Batman and Robin locate the place and team up to fight the Sheikh, who is in fact Frederick Goforth, the first victim of the crimes. During the confrontation, Batman learns that Goforth and the second victim, Hopkins, were in cahoots and used the Sheikh identity to
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 268 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Images from Batman Vol 1 268
- Batman Recommended Reading
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- The Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)