"Shadow City": The Joker starts a new criminal racket by creating a place in town called "Shadow City"; which is a mock of a hidden city within a warehouse and played off as a secret part of Gotham City where patrons can achieve their heart's desire. He would use this f
- The great lesson of democracy is that all men are created equal.
- -- Batman
Appearing in "Shadow City"
- Bet-A-Million Bannister (Single appearance)
- Felix Lathrop (Single appearance)
- Gotham City Police Department
- Africa (Mentioned only)
- Baccarat (Mentioned only)
- Gotham City
- El Dorado Club
- Shadow City (Shadow Lane)
- Cafe Ten Thousand Terrors
- Dancing Cobra Cafe
- Golden Grotto
- Yawning Dragon
- Wayne Mansion
- India (Mentioned only)
- Monte Carlo (Mentioned only)
- Grand Casino (Mentioned only)
- Tibet (Mentioned only)
Synopsis for "Shadow City"
The Joker starts a new criminal racket by creating a place in town called "Shadow City"; which is a mock of a hidden city within a warehouse and played off as a secret part of Gotham City where patrons can achieve their heart's desire. He would use this fake city as a means of extorting people out of money until he is discovered and stopped by Batman and Robin.
Appearing in "The Great Handcuff King"
- Murton Gang (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "The Great Handcuff King"
Alfred decides to train his handcuffing skills and ends up capturing an entire gang by accident.
Appearing in "Shirley Holmes, Policewoman"
- Count (Michael Strait) (Single appearance)
- James (Single appearance)
- Shirley Holmes (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Shirley Holmes, Policewoman"
Batman and Robin team up with police officer Shirley Holmes to bring down a criminal mastermind responsible for the recent increase in criminal rackets across the city. Holmes goes undercover as a member of the gang, but Alfred's recklessness causes her to be discovered and she had to be rescued by the Dynamic Duo.
During the final confrontation, Alfred mends his past mistake by saving Holmes' life and after the criminals are captured, Alfred and Shirley go on a date.
Appearing in "Batman Goes To Washington"
- John Skye (Single appearance)
- Senator Vandercook (Single appearance)
- Danny the Dip (Single appearance)
- Inky (Single appearance)
- George Washington (Mentioned only)
- Lincoln (Mentioned only)
- Gotham City
- Street of Sorrow
- Wayne Mansion
- Washington, D.C.
Synopsis for "Batman Goes To Washington"
Batman learns that despite the shortage of manpower in the nation, hundreds of men who were once criminals are unable to find honest jobs. Batman takes the case to the public and he gets the attention from some people in Washington, D.C. and he is summoned to talk on behalf of the senators who want to approve a motion that allows reformed criminals to get jobs.
Batman and Robin travel to Washington alongside a group of former thugs who support them, but on their way to the Capitol Building, Batman and Robin are stopped and kidnapped by a great criminal mastermind called John Skye, who doesn't like the idea of losing crooks for his crimes. The group of reformed thugs that traveled with the Dynamic Duo notice their disappearance and they start investigating until they are able to find and rescue the heroes. After this, Batman and Robin turn the criminals to the FBI and Batman attends his appointment at the Capitol, where he gets the support from all the people with the idea of allowing former criminals to work as well.
- Reprinted in Batman: The Dark Knight Archives Vol 7.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 28 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Images from Batman Vol 1 28