"Two for the Money!": Specs, who stole the binary defense code for Two-Face, calls the police to try to reveal its hiding place after discovering that Two-Face has offered to sell it to the Soviets. But Two-Face cuts off the call, flips his coin,
Batman #313 is an issue of the series Batman (Volume 1) with a cover date of July, 1979. It was published on April 12, 1979.
Appearing in "Two for the Money!"
- Specs (Final appearance; dies)
- Gotham City
- Gotham Square Park
Synopsis for "Two for the Money!"
Specs, who stole the binary defense code for Two-Face, calls the police to try to reveal its hiding place after discovering that Two-Face has offered to sell it to the Soviets. But Two-Face cuts off the call, flips his coin, sees the bad side has come up, and has his men shoot Specs dead with a shot to his heart and a shot to his head.
Meanwhile, Bruce Wayne makes a donation at the the Second Annual Children's Telethon, after which he invites Selina Kyle to dinner in a fancy restaurant. During the evening, Selina shows true intentions of forgetting her life as Catwoman and Bruce is willing to help her, starting a romantic relationship between the two. After the dinner, Bruce is summoned as Batman by Commissioner Gordon to help investigate Specs's murder. Batman pegs it as Two-Face's work and finds his foe and his two-man gang lodged, logically enough, at Apartment 2-B, 222 Second Street. He plows into the gang, but is interrupted by the arrival of government agent King Faraday, who tries to arrest everyone. Two-Face uses the opportunity to escape.
Faraday warns Batman that he is prepared to kill Two-Face and advises him to stay out of the case, but Batman says that he owes it to Harvey Dent's memory to try and return him safely to Arkham Asylum and Faraday grudgingly accepts Batman's presence. Two-Face, Batman, and Faraday all deduce that Specs had hidden the code in an envelope inside the huge piggy bank at the Second Children's Telethon.
Two-Face steals the code envelope and gets away, as Batman prevents Faraday from shooting the villain. The two argue again over tactics, but Faraday still vows to kill Two-Face if necessary and Batman comes along to make sure he does not.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 313 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Images from Batman Vol 1 313
- Batman Recommended Reading
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- The Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
- Two-Face Recommended Reading