"Peril In Greece!": While training on their secret gym, Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson start to wonder how did the athletes that competed in the first Olympic Games, trained themselves. In order to learn the truth, they ask Professor [[Ca
- From now on, they'll tremble, not laugh, at the mention of my name!
- — Penguin
- 1 Synopsis for "Peril In Greece!"
- 2 Appearing in "Peril In Greece!"
- 3 Synopsis for "The Carbon Copy Crimes!"
- 4 Appearing in "The Carbon Copy Crimes!"
- 5 Synopsis for "The Penguin On Parole!"
- 6 Appearing in "The Penguin On Parole!"
- 7 Notes
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See Also
- 10 Recommended Reading
- 11 Links and References
Synopsis for "Peril In Greece!"
While training on their secret gym, Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson start to wonder how did the athletes that competed in the first Olympic Games, trained themselves. In order to learn the truth, they ask Professor Carter Nichols to send their consciousness back to the 5th Century, where they meet some of the athletes of the old Greece.
During their time in the past, Bruce and Dick learn of a conspiracy prepared by the Persians to weaken Greece and conquer their land. Acting as Batman and Robin, they stop the enemies of Greece and thus, the Dynamic Duo become citizens of Athens and participate in the first Olympic Games along with other athletes.
Appearing in "Peril In Greece!"
- Byrus (Single appearance)
- Persians (Single appearance)
- Milo (Single appearance)
- Alexis (Single appearance)
- Damon (Single appearance)
- Lysis (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "The Carbon Copy Crimes!"
When Batman and Robin finish a recording session on a radio station, they are summoned to the GCPD Headquarters where Commissioner Gordon informs them that a criminal has been replicating the Case of the Prophetic Murders, which had been solved by Batman several years ago.
The killer has been following the exact same patterns of the previous crimes and the Dynamic Duo decide to use the same trick they used the first time to catch the killer. However, this time the killer is prepared and manages to capture Batman and Robin, taking them to his secret hideout. There, they learn that the killer is in fact a psychologist who wants to test a theory and cause a mental breakdown in Batman. The Caped Crusader remembers his previous recording session and he takes off his mask, revealing himself as Bruce Wayne. The psychologist is shocked, but Bruce explains that the real Batman is at the radio station, broadcasting live. When the killer listens to Batman's voice on the radio, he loses his mind and kills himself, just like the killer from the first case.
Appearing in "The Carbon Copy Crimes!"
- Mr. Wylie (Dies in flashback)
- Pierre Antal (Last appearance)
- Jennings (Single appearance)
- Louisa Ponelle (Only appearance; dies)
- Vangild (In picture only)
- Carmen Largo (In picture only)
- Mr. Warren (In picture only)
Synopsis for "The Penguin On Parole!"
Batman and Robin capture the Penguin and send him to the Gotham State Penitentiary. While in prison, Penguin is forced to work creating umbrellas and he experiments with them, creating more trick umbrellas for his arsenal. When the prison Warden accidentally sets the room on fire, Penguin uses one of his umbrellas to save the Warder and after this heroic act, Penguin is granted parole. However, to ensure that he won't commit more crimes, the wWrden assigns Penguin under the custody of Batman and Robin and he also has to report his activities at the GCPD Headquarters every week.
Penguin tries to avoid crimes at all cost and even refuses to participate in some of his old friends' schemes. Certain day, Penguin goes to the movie theater to watch a heroic film, but he is late and all he can watch is the new animated film, Peter Penguin. His resemblance with the goofy animated character causes Penguin a lot of embarrasing moments to the point where he can't stand it anymore and he decides to turn the joke on the peole who laughed at him.
Penguin uses the moniker of Peter Penguin to start crimes across Gotham, using real penguins to carry dynamite, destroying the city and stealing money. Penguin then tries to sabotage a live action film of Peter Penguin, unaware that it is a trap prepared by Batman and after a quick confrontation, Penguin is captured, arrested and sent back to prison, where during movie night they have to watch the Peter Penguin movie, much to Penguin's dismay.
Appearing in "The Penguin On Parole!"
- Big-Tooth Barkus (Single appearance)
- "The Carbon Copy Crimes" is a sequel to the events that take place in Detective Comics #42.
- On "The Penguin On Parole", Penguin uses a small group of real penguins to carry dynamite. This idea was later reused in the movie Batman Returns, where Penguin sends out an army of penguins carrying rockets.
- The Penguin Recommended Reading