"One Night in the War Zone": Batman and Robin have to clean up the mess Two-Face left when he hacked the police files. There are three convicts still at large; all of them possibly located in Battergate, a
Appearing in "One Night in the War Zone"
- Bonaventure Strake (Single appearance)
- George Samson (Only appearance; dies)
- Hsui Cheung (Single appearance)
- John McCone (Single appearance)
- Vince Castle (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "One Night in the War Zone"
Batman and Robin have to clean up the mess Two-Face left when he hacked the police files. There are three convicts still at large; all of them possibly located in Battergate, a Gotham City suburb known as The War Zone where most criminals develop illicit activity or just find a place to stay and hide from the law. Batman decides to go alone and let Robin have a break.
Batman takes on the first criminal, a drug dealer named Strake who was selling drugs. He then decides to follow the trail of a well-known gangster working for Tony Bressi: John McCone. Batman stops McCone easily and sets out to the final criminal. The third one is a martial artist named Hsui Cheung. Batman takes him down in a nearby abandoned factory along with some crooks.
Batman realizes he captured ten criminals in a single night in the War Zone. When he's about to leave, a gunshot catches his attention. He's tired, and he can't understand how a single man can handle all the crime in Gotham. He leaves wishing that Bruce Wayne will return soon.
- This issue is reprinted in the Batman: Prodigal and Batman: Knightfall Volume Three: KnightsEnd trade paperbacks.
- The events on this issue take place between Robin #12 and Shadow of the Bat #34.
- No trivia.
- Batman Chronicles
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat
- Detective Comics