Appearing in "Trapped Like Rats"
Synopsis for "Trapped Like Rats"
The Ratcatcher was nearby said subway station gathering as many trapped rats as he could in order to save them by taking all of them out of there.
When Batman and Robin arrived at the collapsed area of the subway, they opened a whole with an explosive charge. The explosion warned Ratcatcher of human activity nearby and he decided to check what was happening.
Batman and Robin arrived at the place where the people were trapped and helped all of them to walk out of danger. Before they could reach a safe place, Ratcatcher appeared and told them that he won't let them escape. Ratcatcher used his high frecuency whistle to call every rat in the nearby surroundings. Thet rats started to gather atop of the subway train and the vehicle collapsed under the weight of all the rodents killing all of them instantly and also sealing off the way out of there.
Batman distracted Ratcatcher long enough for Robin to sneak behind Flannegan and smacked him with his battle staff. Ratcatcher released some cyanide gas before Batman could take away his gun and the gas started to affect the people. Batman forced Ratcatcher to show them a way out of that place by taking off his gas mask. As the gas began to affect him too, Ratcatcher led them to the outside.
Once outside, the people were taken to hospitals and care centers and Ratcatcher was turned into police custody and remained a prisoner in the GCPD Headquarters.
- This issue includes a memorial page for the recent demise of Archie Goodwin.
- This issue is reprinted in Batman: Road to No Man's Land Vol. 1 (Collected).
- Among the trapped people, there is a kid wearing a Flash T-shirt.
- Bruce tells Tim about his point of view for the future of Batman. Bruce acknowledges that he wants Tim to be the next Batman after him.
- Bruce mentions that Bats are classified as primates. That is a reference to the Flying primate hypothesis. It was recently rejected as false.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 555 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
Links and References
|Batman: Cataclysm Crossover|
This issue is a part of the Cataclysm crossover that swept through all Batman Family Titles during 1998. Gotham City was almost completely destroyed by a massive earthquake. This story led into the events that would eventually create No Man's Land.