Appearing in "Bruce Wayne Goes to Washington, Part One: The Jackals"
- Bill Hodge
- Dorothea Hillier
- Gary the Lobbyist
- Marilee (Single appearance)
- Batrope (Cover only)
Synopsis for "Bruce Wayne Goes to Washington, Part One: The Jackals"
Nicholas Scratch notices Bruce Wayne's efforts for helping Gotham and he decides that if he wants to succeed in shutting down Gotham, he must prove to the country that any efforts to save Gotham are futile. Scratch sends some of his minions to Gotham and they attack a police truck in order to free Garfield Lynns; a.k.a. Firefly. They offer him a million dollars in order to create a burning chaos in the city and Firefly gladly accepts.
Meanwhile, Nicholas Scratch has a guest in a late night show broadcasted on national TV and he continues to explain his point of view about the situation in Gotham.
Bruce Wayne arrives in Washington and his lobbyist told him that his is a lost cause. At night, Bruce changes into Batman and goes to visit one of the senators who is in strong opposition against the project of rebuilding Gotham. Batman tries to get some answers out of the senator but before he can explain his reasons why he hated Gotham, a group of Scratch's henchmen break into the room and attack Batman. He tries to fight them all but he is outnumbered and leaves before they harm anybody. At that moment, Scratch exits the TV studios with one of the girls who works there and goes straight to his place.
The next day, Bruce has a meeting with some Congressional members to discuss their possibilities of succeeding at the hearing and again, it all seems to be against Gotham. At that moment, Scratch's minions arrive at their master's place and informs him that they were unable to stop Batman last night. Scratch is so enraged that he kills them in his living room without realizing that the TV girl he took with him the night before witnesses the whole act and so he kills her as well.
Later, Scratch heads a televised manifestation against rebuilding Gotham. Bruce Wayne is watching him on his way to the Capitol Building and when he arrives, he asks Alfred for any suggestions, to which the faithful butler answers that it might be necessary for Bruce to use his inner man; as he believes that Bruce is, once again, Gotham's only hope left.
- This issue features one of group editor, Dennis O'Neil's mini-essays From the Den; in which he explains how Cataclysm evolved into their biggest project thus far. An idea first brought to him by associate editor, Jordan B. Gorfinkel that was later developed by many other editors and writers alike; who joined efforts to make the storyline named No Man's Land, possible. O'Neil also clarified that it was not a linear crossover, but instead it should be considered as a new setting for all the characters and titles involved in the Batman mythos; and that it wasn't necessary for the reader to strictly follow a reading order to understand the story.
- This issue is reprinted in Batman: Road to No Man's Land Vol. 2 (Collected).
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 560 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Batman Recommended Reading
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- The Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
|No Man's Land Crossover|
This issue is a part of the Batman: No Man's Land crossover that swept through all Batman Family Titles during 1999. Gotham City was declared by the President to be no longer a part of the United States after the combined disasters of Contagion, Legacy and Cataclysm.