"The Visitor": Superman arrives in Gotham City and stops the forced tribute by denizens of Gotham to the Mad Hatter. Batman sees the Man of Steel, calls him over and tells him to leave Gotham but Superman replies
Appearing in "The Visitor"
Synopsis for "The Visitor"
Superman arrives in Gotham City and stops the forced tribute by denizens of Gotham to the Mad Hatter. Batman sees the Man of Steel, calls him over and tells him to leave Gotham but Superman replies that the people of Gotham need his help and he is not leaving. Before going away, Batman tells Superman he has 24 hours to do all the good he can and then they will meet again. Superman takes an electrical engineer to Gotham's power station and helps him restore power to part of the city grid.
Mr. Freeze arrives at the power station, intending to take it over. While Superman is dealing with Freeze, a group of men with guns approaches the electrical engineer and askes him what he wants them to do. They see him as their boss, now that he has the power running again. People begin to line up, giving the electrical engineer food and other items of tribute so that he will get their power running again. Superman returns and realizes that no matter what he does, things will continue to deteriorate in Gotham until the people decide to change things. He meets with Batman and before leaving the city he askes Batman how is he going to take the city back. Batman tells him that he doesn't know but that with any hope, he'll figure it out.
- No Man's Land previous chapter is Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #87 and continues in Azrael: Agent of the Bat #54.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 566 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Batman Recommended Reading
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- The Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
|No Man's Land Crossover|
This issue is a part of the Batman: No Man's Land crossover that swept through all Batman Family Titles during 1999. Gotham City was declared by the President to be no longer a part of the United States after the combined disasters of Contagion, Legacy and Cataclysm.