- Say! What's going on here? Why are we suddenly so chummy with someone who just tried to kill us?
- -- Robin
Appearing in "A Partner For Batman!"
- Dexter Gang (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "A Partner For Batman!"
Robin believes that the replacement would be permanent, but after the confusion is cleared, he realizes that he wasn't going to be replaced and he is soon back in action along with Batman.
Appearing in "Bruce Wayne--Crime Reporter!"
- The Artisans (Single appearance)
- Jack "Five Star" Thorpe (Single appearance)
- Vinton Wells (Single appearance)
- Peter Hogan (Single appearance)
- John Slagg (Single appearance)
- Ed Peters (Single appearance)
- Fred Bower (Single appearance)
- Gotham City Police Department
- Cy (Single appearance)
- Jim Lang (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Bruce Wayne--Crime Reporter!"
The editor of the Gotham Gazette has been waging war against an unknown criminal known as "The Artisan", but he has never been able to expose him. However, his contribution to the Gotham City Police Department is known across the entire city and when he decides to recruit Bruce Wayne as part of his staff or reporters, Bruce gladly agrees with the hope of finally bring The Artisan to justice.
After long hours of investigation, Batman finds that The Artisan is unknown even to his own henchmen, but despite this lack of clues, Batman manages to uncover the true identity of the criminal as the renowned editor of the Gotham Gazette. Once the criminal is captured, Bruce Wayne becomes the new star reporter for his article about the capture of The Artisan.
Appearing in "Catwoman--Empress of the Underworld"
- "Whale" Morton (Single appearance)
- Mr. Adolph Hammer (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Catwoman--Empress of the Underworld"
When a new series of cat-related crimes start taking place in Gotham, everybody suspects that Catwoman has returned to her evil ways. However, Selina Kyle is now the owner of a pet store and she is innocent of all charges. Batman and Robin investigate the crimes and find some evidence that is later reported on the newspapers. Selina is shocked to read the news as some of the evidence seems to point towards her as responsible for the crimes. After this, a gang leader called Whale Morton approaches Selina and offers her an alliance to make her the most successful criminal in town and Selina joins him, taking up again the mantle of Catwoman again.
Catwoman leads Morton's gang on a successful crime spree, but coincidentally, there is always a Cat-Signal coming from the crime scenes during the robberies. The Dynamic Duo follow this beacon and always manage to capture some of the lesser thugs, but never the leaders. During one of these attempts, Batman and Robin are finally captured by Morton and Catwoman, who place them in a deadly trap. When Batman manages to break free from the trap, he turns off the lights and captures almost the entire gang with help from Catwoman. At that very moment, the police arrive as they have been watching the whole scene on TV and it is then revealed that Catwoman had prepared a live broadcast of the events to tip off the police in case anything went wrong. The criminals are finally arrested and Catwoman informs the Dynamic Duo that she was working as an undercover agent to capture the thugs the whole time.
- A Partner For Batman! is reprinted in Batman: The Black Casebook.
- Catwoman--Empress of the Underworld is reprinted in Catwoman: A Celebration of 75 Years.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 65 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Images from Batman Vol 1 65
- Catwoman Recommended Reading