"Face the ɘɔɒᖷ, Part 2 of 8": A year has passed since the events of Infinite Crisis. No one has seen Batman in all that time. For the first time in several months, the Bat-signal lights in the sky above the city.
- You're not my enemy, Batman. I used to think defeating you was my main objective in life. No. You're merely a hindrance. My main goal now and forevermore will be a better world. If that means we cross swords, so be it, but... I've changed.
- -- Poison Ivy
Appearing in "Face the ɘɔɒᖷ, Part 2 of 8"
- Adam Sterling (Single appearance)
- Crissy Dublin (Single appearance)
- John Burns (Single appearance)
- Sapphire Brady (Single appearance)
- Sara Buckmaster (First appearance)
- Sean Rassel (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Face the ɘɔɒᖷ, Part 2 of 8"
A year has passed since the events of Infinite Crisis. No one has seen Batman in all that time. For the first time in several months, the Bat-signal lights in the sky above the city.
Poison Ivy takes control of the Vanguard Building and holds several people hostage, including Wayne Enterprises CEO, Lucius Fox. Ivy detonates a bomb in the city's upper floors to prove she means business.
Batman and Robin enter the building and stealthily make their way through the wreckage. As they get closer to Ivy, they encounter several large plant creatures. They cut their way through the swathe and continue towards Ivy. While Batman confronts her directly, Robin sneaks off to dump chemical defoliant in the building's sprinkler systems. Ivy ensnares Batman with some vines, but he quickly cuts through them. He tells Ivy that Robin is prepared to destroy every plant in the building unless she releases the hostages. Unwilling to let her precious plants die, Ivy gives up.
Later at police headquarters, Batman and Robin consult with James Gordon (now reinstated as police commissioner). Bullock telephones in and tells the commissioner that they have just located the murdered body of one of Batman's old foes – Magpie.
- This book was first published on April 19, 2006.
- Despite being delayed itself, this issue was published before the previous issue in the story, which came out in early May due to its own delays.
- This issue is reprinted in the Batman: Face the Face collected edition.
- The Face the Face storyline is a crossover between Batman and Detective Comics, continued from Detective Comics #817 and continuing into Detective Comics #818.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 1 651 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Images from Batman Vol 1 651
- Batman Recommended Reading
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- The Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
The events from this issue take place one year after the events of the 2006 limited series Infinite Crisis. This template will categorize articles that include it into Category: 1 Year Later Crossover.