"The Manhunter from Mars!": There is a mysterious criminal in Gotham City who has successfully stolen dozens of weapons and always avoids being captured by the Gotham City Police Department. When Batman and Robin start investiga
Batman #78 is an issue of the series Batman (Volume 1) with a cover date of August, 1953.
Synopsis for "The Manhunter from Mars!"
There is a mysterious criminal in Gotham City who has successfully stolen dozens of weapons and always avoids being captured by the Gotham City Police Department. When Batman and Robin start investigating the case, they come across a Martian lawman called Roh Kar who reveals them that the mysterious criminal is, in fact, a fugitive from Mars who is planning a large scale invasion of his planet with weapons from Earth. Batman and Robin decide to help Roh Kar capture the criminal and after an extensive chase, the evil doer is taken back to his planet.
Appearing in "The Manhunter from Mars!"
- The Stranger/Quork (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "The Sinister Stamps!"
A philatelist has a very exclusive stamp collection, all of which depict past tragedies and accidents. When members of a Stamp Collectors Club start dying in a similar way to the accidents from the stamps, Batman infiltrates the club and prevents more murders from happening. After doing some detective work, Batman finds the man responsible for the murders, who is a member of the club trying to increase the value of the stamps in his collection by recreating the tragedies printed on them.
Appearing in "The Sinister Stamps!"
- Captain Barton (Single appearance)
- Clement Marn (Single appearance)
- Professor Lloyd (Single appearance)
- Robert Hillings (Single appearance)
- Bryan (Single appearance)
- Olson (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Batman of the Mounties!"
The Canadian Mounted Police are holding a celebration in Batman and Robin's names, and the Dynamic Duo travel to Canada to attend the event. However, during the celebration, the news about a couple of criminals' escape spread and the law enforcers have to stop the event and start the hunt for the fugitives in the wilderness. Using their advanced technology and knowledge on survival techniques, Batman and Robin are able to locate the criminals and bring them back to justice. Having captured the criminals, there is more reason to celebrate and after the event is done, the Dynamic Duo return home.
Appearing in "Batman of the Mounties!"
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police
- Commandant Douglas (Single appearance)
- Bob Jason (Single appearance)
- Remy Leclerc (Single appearance)
- Pierre Leclerc (Single appearance)
- The Manhunter from Mars was a one-shot character named Roh Kar, who teamed up with Batman and Robin. The more familiar Manhunter from Mars was J'onn J'onzz, whose adventures began appearing two years later, in Detective Comics #225, November 1955.