"Batman's Greatest Thrills!": Batman is surprised and honored that a TV station is presenting his life story and recounting some of his greatest feats. Commissioner Gordon, Vicki Vale and many other guests are
- 1 Appearing in "Batman's Greatest Thrills!"
- 2 Synopsis for "Batman's Greatest Thrills!"
- 3 Appearing in "The Synthetic Crime King!"
- 4 Synopsis for "The Synthetic Crime King!"
- 5 Appearing in "Batman Falls In Love!"
- 6 Synopsis for "Batman Falls In Love!"
- 7 Notes
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See Also
- 10 Recommended Reading
- 11 Links and References
Appearing in "Batman's Greatest Thrills!"
- Joe Hardy (Single appearance)
- King Zabot of Morbania (Flashback and main story)
- Janie (Flashback and main story)
- Johnny "Batman" Taylor (Flashback and main story)
Synopsis for "Batman's Greatest Thrills!"
Batman is surprised and honored that a TV station is presenting his life story and recounting some of his greatest feats. Commissioner Gordon, Vicki Vale and many other guests are part of the show and they tell their own unique experiences with the Caped Crusader; however, Batman is worried that soon, Bruce Wayne has to make his appearance on the TV Show. Batman finds the perfect distraction to switch places with Alfred, his trusted butler, when the Joker, who recently escaped from prison, interrupts the TV broadcast. The Dynamic Duo make short work of the Clown Prince of Crime and the TV show ends up with Bruce going on stage along with Batman and the other guests. Afterwards, Bruce, Dick and Alfred return to Wayne Manor after successfully tricking everybody with their swapped identities.
Appearing in "The Synthetic Crime King!"
- Johnny Marden; aka Adam Newman; aka Synthetic Man (Single appearance)
- Professor Vilmer (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "The Synthetic Crime King!"
Professor Vilmer, a disgraced college professor decides to get revenge on Gotham University by creating what is believed to be a synthetic man and using him as a weapon. Batman discovers that this man is actually just a human being with athletic training, who is being used by Vilmer. Batman stops the professor's evil scheme and restores the athlete to his former self.
Appearing in "Batman Falls In Love!"
- Jaques Terley (Single appearance)
- Gotham City
Synopsis for "Batman Falls In Love!"
The international supermodel Magda Luvescu has arrived in Gotham City and she has captured the attention of almost every man in the city. This behaviour is reproached by the notorious reporter Vicki Vale, who was assigned to interview Magda during a special event on the Gotham Coliseum. While Vicki is a bit frustrated by the attention Magda gets from most men, she finds comfort in the fact that Batman doesn't seem interested in Magda.
During Vicki's interview, Batman notices a mysterious man on a catwalk above the audience, Vicki, and Magda. The man seems like he's trying to loosen the hanging chandelier and Batman prevents the man from dropping it onto the people below. Magda is taken to the GCPD Headquarters, where she asks Commissioner Gordon for Batman to be her personal body-guard. When Vicki learns of this development, she warns Batman not to start thinking of Magda in a romantic way since Vicki has been trying to get his attention for much longer.
Shortly after, Magda is a guest on a live broadcast and Batman prevents another attempt on her life, capturing the criminals responsible for the original attempt via chandelier. Magda takes the chance to thank Batman for saving her life twice and she gives him a big kiss in front of the cameras and the media making big news the next day. Vicki is very displeased after learning what happened, but she finds comfort knowing that Batman has ended his duty as Magda's bodyguard.
However the next day, Batman leaves Robin in the Batcave while he goes on a date with Magda and their relation becomes known to the general public. The concerned citizens of Gotham request that the Mayor remove Batman from police duty while the crooks of the city are waiting for Batman to marry Magda in order to take advantage of the situation. Meanwhile, Robin and Vicki are shocked by Batman's behaviour and Vicki decides to make Batman understand the error of his ways.
Batman, however, has been faking his relationship with Magda in order to lure the criminal leader who has been trying to kill Magda. Their plan works and soon, Jaques Terlay goes to Magda's home and falls for the trap. Unfortunately, Vicki arrives at that moment and distracts Batman long enough for Terlay to recover and get the situation under control. Leaving the ladies and Batman tied up, Terlay leaves the place and Batman manages to break free shortly after. He frees the ladies and goes to the Farraday Airport, to prevent the criminal from escaping.
After learning of her mistake, Vicki makes a public display of regret, but she remarks that she will find a way to earn Batman's love eventually.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Batman Recommended Reading
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- The Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)