"The List": At Wayne Manor, two weeks after the murder of Thomas and Martha Wayne, Doctor Leslie Thompkins is invited in by Alfred Pennyworth, explaining to her that Bruce has not been answering well to his parents' death. He's barely talked in the last week and Alfred frequently catches him
Appearing in "The List"
- Batman (Flashback and main story)
- Alfred Pennyworth (Flashback and main story)
- Crypsis (First appearance)
- Leslie Thompkins (Flashback only)
- Canada (Flashback only)
- Japan (Flashback only)
- Hida Mountains
- United States of America
Synopsis for "The List"
At Wayne Manor, two weeks after the murder of Thomas and Martha Wayne, Doctor Leslie Thompkins is invited in by Alfred Pennyworth, explaining to her that Bruce has not been answering well to his parents' death. He's barely talked in the last week and Alfred frequently catches him staring out into space with a frightening intensity. The doctor isn't surprised: Bruce still needs time to recover and, to help him out, she assigned him a task: to write a list of things he needs to do in order to move on.
HOW TO MOVE ON #1: DISAPPEAR
On the Hida Mountains, in Japan, years later, a young Bruce Wayne is learning the art of vanishing from an old master, who keeps finding him and beating him to the ground. In a corner lays his list.
Now, at the Tricorner, "The People's Bank", in Gotham City, a new menace by the name of Crypsis threatens the director of the bank to give him the key to a safety deposit box. The rogue has the ability to change his body density and teleport, so he scares the man by passing his hand through the man's chest and touching his heart. With the key, he proceeds to enter the vault, but is stopped with a hook to the jaw by Batman. Even so, the villain is able to retrieve the box and disappear. Alfred realizes Batman isn't telling him something, as Bruce had placed something in that bank the day he came back from his journeys around the world.
HOW TO MOVE ON #7: FEEL NOTHING
Then, in Alberta, Canada, Bruce stands naked under a freezing cold waterfall, while a well-clothed woman says he doesn't have the will to stand that. He's sure he can do it, as the list lays nearby.
In the present, Batman chases Crypsis, who shoots directly at him: Batman feels nothing. He calls the Batmobile and continues the chase.
HOW TO MOVE ON #21: LET GO OF EVERYTHING
Then, above Yugoslavia, Bruce is seven hundred feet higher than people are allowed to parachute themselves and he jumps with just a glider, resembling his cape. In the present, he jumps off his car and blows a tire of Crypsis's bike with his hook. He then proceeds to beat up the bad guy (#33: MAKE THEM FEEL WHAT I FEEL). Alfred insists trying to understand what's inside the box; Batman answers it's personal.
At the beginning, in Wayne Manor, a child Bruce Wayne is furious with Alfred: he took his list and added an item, "ruining" it. Alfred tries to explain that Bruce's items are a form of self-punishment for something he's not responsible of, like #45: DON'T LET ANYBODY ELSE LEAVE ME. Bruce says Alfred doesn't understand and tears the page off.
In the present, Batman has finally captured Crypsis, so the villain tries to bargain with the superhero: they'll open Bruce Wayne box, find out his secret and split the money he'll give them to have it back. Batman tells Crypsis to open the box and, to the rogue's disappointment, he knocks him unconscious.
Back to the Batcave, Alfred is shocked that Bruce actually kept the list all those years and finds out he eventually taped the last page back, the one Alfred wrote for him. It's the only one Batman still struggles to achieve:
HOW TO MOVE ON #52: REMEMBER THAT YOUR PARENTS WILL ALWAYS BE PROUD OF YOU.
- This book was first published on May 11, 2016.
- Final issue of Batman (Volume 2).
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 2 52 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Images from Batman Vol 2 52
- Batman Recommended Reading
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- The Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)