"Rooftops, Part 2": Batman and Catwoman sleep under the stars on a rooftop, both naked, after a long night. They playfully argue about the first time they met: he says it was when she -dressed up as an old
Synopsis for "Rooftops, Part 2"
Batman and Catwoman sleep under the stars on a rooftop, both naked, after a long night. They playfully argue about the first time they met: he says it was when she -dressed up as an old woman- tried to steal a diamond; she says it was when he -dressed up as a scarred vagrant- tried to save her friend. Waking up, they kiss and Selina says she loves him. He loves her back.
As the two lovers dress up, Catwoman jumps off the roof, challenging Batman to catch her. Batman can't find her, so he calls Alfred and asks about a Holly Robinson: during the night Catwoman had told him it was an alias, but then she talked about a friend of hers by that name, so she must be linked to her in some way.
Commissioner Gordon watches himself in the mirror: as he brushes his teeth, he tells himself he's going to die if he doesn't stop sleeping so little and smoking so much. Suddenly, Batman appears behind him, startling him. Batman needs informations about Holly Robinson, which he now knows was an orphan at Wayne House. Gordon calls Harvey Bullock to have a judge open her files.
At her apartment, Holly Robinson tries to go back to sleep when Batman makes his appearance behind her, asking where is Catwoman. Batman explains that he needs to find her and that they love each other: Holly answers she has a phone to call her in case of emergency and reaches for it in a drawer. In reality, she reaches for a knife and slits Batman's throat, leaving him on the ground for dead. After a while, Batman wakes up, visibly impaired, as Alfred tells him that Holly is about to take a flight to Kahndaq. Batman tries to fly away with his Bat-rope, but ends up falling off the balcony and is saved by Catwoman herself.
At Wayne Manor, Selina explains how she trained Holly and how it was she who killed the 237 people after their orphanage was burned down. Bruce is unconscious, with a bandage on his neck, so Selina tells Alfred that when he'll want to meet with her she'll be on the rooftops, as usual.
Batman, back to work in the Batcave, tells Alfred that Selina managed to steal something from him: the night itself.
Appearing in "Rooftops, Part 2"
- Holly Robinson (First appearance) (Also as Catherine Ann Turley) (Flashback and main story)
- Harvey Bullock (Phone call only)
- Judge Wolfman (Mentioned only)
- The story Batman refers to at the beginning of the issue is the fourth one contained in Batman Vol 1 1: "The Cat". It is also the first ever appearence of Catwoman as a character overall.
- The story Catwoman refers to at the beginning of the issue is the one contained in Batman Vol 1 404, the first issue of the Batman: Year One reboot of the character by Frank Miller.
- As the two first appearances are from two different timelines, it's not clear who's right in this (third) timeline.