"I Am Bane, Part Three": DAY 3: Bane meets Batman in an alleyway to negotiate a deal. The Pirate for Duke, Gordon, Selina and Bronze Tiger. Batman declines the offer.
- I am not a joke. I am not a riddle! I am not a bird or a cat or a penguin! I'm not a scarecrow or a plant or a puppet! I am not your broken friend! I am not your regretful teacher! I am not a child's fairy tale! I am not a circus act here to amuse and frighten you! I am not another one of your madmen howling at the moon! And I...I am not...I am not some rich boy playing dress-up! I AM BANE!
- -- Bane
Appearing in "I Am Bane, Part Three"
- Batman (Flashback and main story)
- Alfred Pennyworth (Flashback only)
- Batgirl (Flashback only)
- Batwoman (Flashback only)
- Duke Thomas (Flashback only)
- Joker (Flashback only)
- Martha Wayne (Flashback only)
- Nightwing (Flashback only)
- Red Hood (Flashback only)
- Robin (Flashback only)
- Thomas Wayne (Flashback only)
- Gotham Girl (Mentioned only)
- Psycho-Pirate (Mentioned only)
- Gotham City (Flashback and main story)
- Santa Prisca (Flashback only)
- Peña Duro (Flashback only)
- Bat-Signal (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "I Am Bane, Part Three"
DAY 3: Bane meets Batman in an alleyway to negotiate a deal. The Pirate for Duke, Gordon, Selina and Bronze Tiger. Batman declines the offer.
Meanwhile, we see flashbacks of both Bruce and Bane's childhood. How similar and different they're origins are.
Bane doesn't take Batman's response very well as he begins to pummel Batman to a pulp. Batman lands a few hits but Bane is going to be the clear winner.
We again now see young Bruce and Bane beginning their training. Bruce at home and Bane in a prison cell, which he grew up in.
While Bane beats Batman, he tells him that he not like the other villains or like him.
We now see adult versions of Bruce and Bane training to become their future selves.
Bane has won the battle and demands to have the Psycho-Pirate. Batman, bloody and beaten, still refuses.
We now see the beginning of both Batman and Bane, and them finding out about each other.
Bane now starts punching Batman in the face, telling him that this is where it ends. Batman tells Bane to shut up, and Bane lands the final blow. Bane then walks away from Batman's body and tries to communicate with Bird, telling him to kill the hostages. Bird doesn't answer, instead, the voice of Catwoman comes through the walkie. She tells him she is at his so-so-safe house. Catwoman tells him about the plan she and Batman had before he went to fight. Bane turns around to find Batman gone. At the safe house, Bane's thugs have had "I AM CAT" scratched onto their chests. Bane heads to Arkham Asylum, when the lightning flashes he sees Batman at the door. Then darkness. Another flash of light reveals the door open and Batman gone. Bane then enters Arkham Asylum as Catwoman says goodbye.
- This book was first published on March 1, 2017.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batman Vol 3 18 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batman series
- Images from Batman Vol 3 18